Thread: Headlight Lenses

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Headlight Lenses

Hey folks

I have a 2019 ES CVT.

Some jackwagon rubbed across the front driver side fender and cracked my front bumper in half, but the headlight housings are fine. (I had 2200 miles on the car)

Insurance wants 1500 from my deductible to fix the hit and run damage (I've learned my lesson with high deductibles now), and I was told a front end (fenders/hood/bumper cover/brackets) from a 2014 will fit no problem.

I like the front end of the older mirages better anyway, and a full supply of parts including brackets is about 500 bucks. I can paint the parts myself (likely gloss metallic black, as well as the hood and rear hatch spoiler, I think it would look sweet)

My question is, are the headlight housings the same on both generations. It would save me a little $ in repairs. If not, no harm no foul, just curious. Mitsubishi Parts Now says lenses are compatible between 2015 and 2019. So I thought I'd ask you all.

Thanks everyone
    Keep those MPGs up!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MCMfan92 View Post
    Hey folks

I have a 2019 ES CVT.

Some jackwagon rubbed across the front driver side fender and cracked my front bumper in half, but the headlight housings are fine. (I had 2200 miles on the car)

Insurance wants 1500 from my deductible to fix the hit and run damage (I've learned my lesson with high deductibles now), and I was told a front end (fenders/hood/bumper cover/brackets) from a 2014 will fit no problem.

I like the front end of the older mirages better anyway, and a full supply of parts including brackets is about 500 bucks. I can paint the parts myself (likely gloss metallic black, as well as the hood and rear hatch spoiler, I think it would look sweet)

My question is, are the headlight housings the same on both generations. It would save me a little $ in repairs. If not, no harm no foul, just curious. Mitsubishi Parts Now says lenses are compatible between 2015 and 2019. So I thought I'd ask you all.

Thanks everyone
    Keep those MPGs up!
    It will fit but you will also have to get a 2014-2015 hood also. They are different than the 2017+ models. It would be cheaper to just get a 2017+ front that way you don't have to replace the hood.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Awesome. Problem is the dealer wants around what older front end parts would cost for just the front bumper cover.

So if I’m reading your response correctly, hood, brackets, both front fenders, bumper cover need replaced. Headlight lenses can stay.

Thanks so much.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Awesome. Problem is the dealer wants around what older front end parts would cost for just the front bumper cover.

So if I’m reading your response correctly, hood, brackets, both front fenders, bumper cover need replaced. Headlight lenses can stay.

Thanks so much.
    Front fenders no, just hood, brackets, bumper cover

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    One fender does need replaced

So at least that much

Thank you much

See ya

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Hello MCMfan92 and welcome to the forum.

Here's some pictures for comparison:

Hope this helps.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    They do look slightly different

No harm no foul

Thank you all so much!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  6DDFA395-BEEE-4EF1-A232-FAB26982129F.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  97.4 KB

For the record, that’s how I found it when I came home from a week running stuff to SoCal

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  6DDFA395-BEEE-4EF1-A232-FAB26982129F.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  97.4 KB

For the record, that’s how I found it when I came home from a week running stuff to SoCal
    Man that sucks! Have you checked any pull a part lots to see if any are available?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I haven’t looked yet. I will be sure to check some out soon and see how little I’d have to pay. Even if it’s the wrong color. I’ll just polish and wrap it black.