Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New rear wiper blade?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I've never replaced my rear wiper and have something like 283k miles on the car. In the whole time I've had the car I think I've used it once.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I've never replaced my rear wiper and have something like 283k miles on the car. In the whole time I've had the car I think I've used it once.
    You live in the south. Come on up to the upper midwest and see how that works out lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    You live in the south. Come on up to the upper midwest and see how that works out lol
    I'll stay in the south and keep my nuts nice and toasty year round thank you very much. That winter weather is not for me.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    I need a rear wiper and have searched high & low for Trico, seems the UK is totally devoid of Trico 12 A. Have found on ebay Bosch H309 for £5.45 (Sterling) with free delivery. Can't grumble.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (01-12-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Opened my mailbox today to find two trico 12" wiper blades inside (yes, mirage parts fit in mailboxes lol)

The trico exact fit is identical to the stock unit and was a snap(pun intended) to put on.
    Not sure on performance yet but I'm sure they clean the window.

A pic for your viewing pleasure. Name:  20200113_182341.jpg
Views: 496
Size:  95.7 KB

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-14-2020),Top_Fuel (01-20-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Opened my mailbox today to find two trico 12" wiper blades inside (yes, mirage parts fit in mailboxes lol)

The trico exact fit is identical to the stock unit and was a snap(pun intended) to put on.
    Not sure on performance yet but I'm sure they clean the window.
    Good to know! Thanks for sharing! The rear one does attaches different than the front wipers. Thus, it's good to know the Trico 12-A matches a factory rear wiper.

If I ever have a rockauto.com order, I may add one to my order. Otherwise, I would do Amazon like you did.

If someone has had good luck with other rear wipers, please share!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    There's still life left in the original lolz.

It looks like a mustache. I'll bet that looked hilarious in action. I hope you got a video of all that loose material trying to wipe before you took it off.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Pryme (01-14-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    There's still life left in the original lolz.

It looks like a mustache. I'll bet that looked hilarious in action. I hope you got a video of all that loose material trying to wipe before you took it off.
    Haha no I never had the pleasure to witness said wiper in action as it's my wifes car. But I can see she tried using that SAD little thing as there was a streaky mess of salty smudges on the rear window.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    For two of the Trico 12-A Exact Fit rear wipers, rockauto.com charges more for the shipping than the cost of the product. I don't really like how rockauto.com prices things myself. They undercut on price, but soak you on shipping. In the end, it's sort of a wash.

$7.74 for two rear wiper blades
    $7.99 shipping to my Wisconsin address
    $0.87 tax
    $16.60 total

Rockauto.com wants $5.99 to ship one of these $3.87 wiper blades. With tax it becomes $10.40. They aren't really undercutting Amazon that much in most cases!

I haven't had to replace my rear wiper yet. Please let us know what you think of Trico 12-A when you get them.
    what really sucks is being charged for shipping from multiple warehouses. I don't see why rockauto can't internally transfer the parts from the various warehouses to a central shipping location, and only charge you once for shipping.

I've cancelled several orders once I realize I'll be paying shipping two, or even three times.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    what really sucks is being charged for shipping from multiple warehouses. I don't see why rockauto can't internally transfer the parts from the various warehouses to a central shipping location, and only charge you once for shipping.

I've cancelled several orders once I realize I'll be paying shipping two, or even three times.
    I think that's their plan. A lot of those absurd deliveries are actually profit for them. That's the charges you see, not the true delivery charges. They get you in with cheap prices but make money off those deliveries too