Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: New rear wiper blade?

  1. #11
    Senior Member stevedmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    627
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 193 Times in 144 Posts
    I've never replaced my rear wiper and have something like 283k miles on the car. In the whole time I've had the car I think I've used it once.



  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,131
    Thanks
    453
    Thanked 332 Times in 230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    I've never replaced my rear wiper and have something like 283k miles on the car. In the whole time I've had the car I think I've used it once.
    You live in the south. Come on up to the upper midwest and see how that works out lol

  3. #13
    Senior Member stevedmc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Baton Rouge
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    627
    Thanks
    7
    Thanked 193 Times in 144 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    You live in the south. Come on up to the upper midwest and see how that works out lol
    I'll stay in the south and keep my nuts nice and toasty year round thank you very much. That winter weather is not for me.

  4. #14
    Just some old fart. itschad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    West Yorkshire England
    Country
    UK
    Posts
    285
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked 103 Times in 83 Posts
    I need a rear wiper and have searched high & low for Trico, seems the UK is totally devoid of Trico 12 A. Have found on ebay Bosch H309 for 5.45 (Sterling) with free delivery. Can't grumble.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

    dspace9 (01-12-2020)

  6. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,131
    Thanks
    453
    Thanked 332 Times in 230 Posts
    Opened my mailbox today to find two trico 12" wiper blades inside (yes, mirage parts fit in mailboxes lol)

    The trico exact fit is identical to the stock unit and was a snap(pun intended) to put on.
    Not sure on performance yet but I'm sure they clean the window.

    A pic for your viewing pleasure. Name:  20200113_182341.jpg
Views: 28
Size:  95.7 KB

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pryme For This Useful Post:

    Eggman (01-14-2020)

  8. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Richland Center
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    2,042
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 636 Times in 507 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Opened my mailbox today to find two trico 12" wiper blades inside (yes, mirage parts fit in mailboxes lol)

    The trico exact fit is identical to the stock unit and was a snap(pun intended) to put on.
    Not sure on performance yet but I'm sure they clean the window.
    Good to know! Thanks for sharing! The rear one does attaches different than the front wipers. Thus, it's good to know the Trico 12-A matches a factory rear wiper.

    If I ever have a rockauto.com order, I may add one to my order. Otherwise, I would do Amazon like you did.

    If someone has had good luck with other rear wipers, please share!

  9. #17
    Moderator Eggman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    7,350
    Thanks
    3,401
    Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,407 Posts
    There's still life left in the original lolz.

    It looks like a mustache. I'll bet that looked hilarious in action. I hope you got a video of all that loose material trying to wipe before you took it off.

        __________________________________________

        click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.7 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.7 mpg (Imp)


  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

    Pryme (01-14-2020)

  11. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    1,131
    Thanks
    453
    Thanked 332 Times in 230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    There's still life left in the original lolz.

    It looks like a mustache. I'll bet that looked hilarious in action. I hope you got a video of all that loose material trying to wipe before you took it off.
    Haha no I never had the pleasure to witness said wiper in action as it's my wifes car. But I can see she tried using that SAD little thing as there was a streaky mess of salty smudges on the rear window.



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •