Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New rear wiper blade?

Country
    United States
    Thanks

New rear wiper blade?

What have you all found for replacement rear wiper blades? One of our cars has the rubber hanging down off the blade. Thinking I might have to see about buying just the blade and unclipping each little prong, the old way. As apposed to replacing the whole assembly.

What have you found? Thanks

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    What have you all found for replacement rear wiper blades? One of our cars has the rubber hanging down off the blade. Thinking I might have to see about buying just the blade and unclipping each little prong, the old way. As apposed to replacing the whole assembly.

The entire rear blade assembly just snaps out of the swing arm. Turn the blade somewhat perpendicular and snap it out.

Rockauto.com = Price range below $4-7 + shipping
    Trico 12A
    Bosch H307
    ANCO AR12A
    AC Delco 8212A
    & some others

O'Reilly (local store prices)
    Bosch H307 = $11.99
    Bosch R1216 = $12.99

AutoZone.com
    Duralast 12-A ($11.99 @ store)

ANCO AR-12A @ Amazon.com = $9.24 with free shipping

https://www.amazon.com/ANCO-AR-12A-R.../dp/B003OBRSRA

I use rockauto.com to get the correct part # for things & start shopping around.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My conclusion - I think the Trico 12-A below may be the best fitting (not messing with adapters & looks the same).

https://www.amazon.com/Trico-Exact-R...22M3E2RB8T0QM7

Trico 12A is only $3.87 @ rockauto.com, but I don't know what shipping costs are.

Trico confirms this is a factory fitting product -
    https://www.tricoproducts.com/produc...-mirage-762567
    Last edited by Mark; 01-07-2020 at 04:33 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (01-07-2020),Pryme (01-07-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts

The rear wiper on mine did the same thing within the first year. Since I couldn't find a refill, I replaced it with what looked like an OEM equivalent (wiper & frame.)

It would be interesting to find cheap refills.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Pryme (01-07-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I jusy put a new one on from the dealership. It was $15, hardly ever use it though considering the rear spoiler does a good job preventing most rain droplets.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Ordered a couple trico exact fit ones from Amazon for 9.44 each. I went on rock but their site was acting really glitchy and I dont have time for said annoyances.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,713 Times in 2,124 Posts
    Ordered a couple trico exact fit ones from Amazon for 9.44 each. I went on rock but their site was acting really glitchy and I dont have time for said annoyances.
    For two of the Trico 12-A Exact Fit rear wipers, rockauto.com charges more for the shipping than the cost of the product. I don't really like how rockauto.com prices things myself. They undercut on price, but soak you on shipping. In the end, it's sort of a wash.

$7.74 for two rear wiper blades
    $7.99 shipping to my Wisconsin address
    $0.87 tax
    $16.60 total

Rockauto.com wants $5.99 to ship one of these $3.87 wiper blades. With tax it becomes $10.40. They aren't really undercutting Amazon that much in most cases!

I haven't had to replace my rear wiper yet. Please let us know what you think of Trico 12-A when you get them.
    Last edited by Mark; 01-09-2020 at 04:13 AM.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Pryme (01-09-2020)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    I removed the rear wiper and took it apart. Then with the rubber strip in hand, went to the local auto parts store to get some other elcheapo wiper with a similar rubber blade. Took the new one apart and cut the rubber piece to the right length and built it into the original wiper. The cost was minimal, Assembly/disassembly time was about a quarter of an hour.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,824 Times in 2,130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    I removed the rear wiper and took it apart. Then with the rubber strip in hand, went to the local auto parts store to get some other elcheapo wiper with a similar rubber blade. Took the new one apart and cut the rubber piece to the right length and built it into the original wiper. The cost was minimal, Assembly/disassembly time was about a quarter of an hour.
    So you did your own refill - nice. Can you share the dimensions of the original rubber material? Is it 6mm or 7mm wide, and I understand 12"/30cm?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,172 Times in 675 Posts
    The picture below shows the profile it needs to be. That sort of profile is rather common, but take the original rubber blade or the photo to the store for comparison. Do not buy one with the wrong profile, because it wont fit!
    Lenght is 300mm = 30cm. That is shorter than almost all other wiper blades, and you shall need to cut it to correct length.

Name:  DSCN1816.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  78.6 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    For two of the Trico 12-A Exact Fit rear wipers, rockauto.com charges more for the shipping than the cost of the product. I don't really like how rockauto.com prices things myself. They undercut on price, but soak you on shipping. In the end, it's sort of a wash.

$7.74 for two rear wiper blades
    $7.99 shipping to my Wisconsin address
    $0.87 tax
    $16.60 total

Rockauto.com wants $5.99 to ship one of these $3.87 wiper blades. With tax it becomes $10.40. They aren't really undercutting Amazon that much in most cases!

I haven't had to replace my rear wiper yet. Please let us know what you think of Trico 12-A when you get them.
    Will do. My car doeant need it yet but my wifes car does. I think the only reason hers went bad is from having it iced to the window and she probably hit it too hard with a scraper.
    Thanks for posting all the models