Thread: Has anyone tapped the dome light for 12v power?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks

Has anyone tapped the dome light for 12v power?

im planning to mount my gps and the dome light has 12v constant power.......
    1.5 amps is not too much if i disconnected the light ( or just turned it off)..

anyone know where i can get a male plug that will plug into the harness over the dome light?
    ( where i can scavenge off a car (any car) at a wrecker that will fit?)

do any mirages come with a powered rear view mirror that might have a connector hidden up in there?
    ( i don't want to go spelunking without cause)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nutpantz View Post
    im planning to mount my gps and the dome light has 12v constant power.......
    1.5 amps is not too much if i disconnected the light ( or just turned it off)..
    Or replace the incandescent lamp with an LED that'll probably be brighter...

anyone know where i can get a male plug that will plug into the harness over the dome light?
    ( where i can scavenge off a car (any car) at a wrecker that will fit?)
    ...and skip the plug and tap into the existing wiring. Would this preserve the dome light use and allow it all to be easily reversed when it comes time to part with your Mirage?

do any mirages come with a powered rear view mirror that might have a connector hidden up in there?
    ( i don't want to go spelunking without cause)
    I'm not aware of any 6th generation Mirage offered with a powered rear view mirror.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)