Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O Fummins, Where Art Thou?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well that really sucks

Resident Tire Engineer

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 44.4 mpg (US) ... 18.9 km/L ... 5.3 L/100 km ... 53.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,712 Times in 2,123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Basic View Post
    Well that really sucks
    Ironic part is that Fummins was a very active forum member. When he finally purchases a Mirage of his own, he then decides to become less active or disappear. I'm sure he has his reasons, & I respect that I guess.

I miss his humor, knowledge of the Mirage, & his willingness to explore/share anything concerning the Mirage. I hope he returns some day!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Pryme (01-10-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Ironic part is that Fummins was a very active forum member. When he finally purchases a Mirage of his own, he then decides to become less active or disappear. I'm sure he has his reasons, & I respect that I guess.

I miss his humor, knowledge of the Mirage, & his willingness to explore/share anything concerning the Mirage. I hope he returns some day!
    I didn't always have the same opinions on everything as Fummins, but we became friends, and I learned a lot about my Mirage through him.

Doesn't seem fair he is gone, but life is full of curve balls like that. I'm glad he's doing ok!! and he can forgive me for my drama that was mostly from the lens of beer googles as he knows!

Cheers to Fummins, and his different and unique perspective on Mitsubishi Mirage's.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    He's probably been busy having a life. I know I go weeks on end without posting on here as well. I'll admit though, I'm looking forward to making my next post when I hit 285k miles soon. Only 1k more miles to go!
    Judging from some of the posts, sounds like there's more to it than "busy having a life". It's a shame, because anytime you lose the input of a professional mechanic whose job it is to maintain a fleet of the car your forum is dedicated to, that's a data (and humor) loss.

Regarding your 285k, I will admit your sporadic posts of routine maintenance and not much else influenced my decision to buy a 5 speed Mirage. Over 250k with no major repairs sealed the deal.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (01-11-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I think alot less pearl clutching and a more libertine stance on whats posted on here could potentially bring Fummins back? I have a whole slew of inappropriate Mirage related memes at the ready Captain. Waiting for permission to commence with anti pc woke bombardment.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (01-12-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Fummins isn't banned. He's simply not posting. This is a worldwide forum that discusses our little car and it should be a place that whether you are a man, woman, teenager, anyone should be able to participate without being bombarded with posts that would be offensive. If that's a burden or too high of a threshold to participate then ok. Most forums are pretty nasty places due to the devolvement of discussions. We should concentrate on discussions about our favorite little car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

daleWV (01-11-2020),Eggman (01-11-2020),Fummins (01-15-2020),highwire (01-16-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    All of our discussions end up circling back to cars one way or another. I rather enjoy the fact that we can get into an 8 page deep esoteric discussion on the merits of truck nutz. Ive come to look upon you as my online family because of your opinions on cars and life in general. Perhaps a single thread dedicated to whatever goes would be fun and lure Lord Funmins back into the fold? I miss his wit. Can someone please email him?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    All of our discussions end up circling back to cars one way or another. I rather enjoy the fact that we can get into an 8 page deep esoteric discussion on the merits of truck nutz. Ive come to look upon you as my online family because of your opinions on cars and life in general. Perhaps a single thread dedicated to whatever goes would be fun and lure Lord Funmins back into the fold? I miss his wit. Can someone please email him?
    The ads on this forum never cease to amaze me. We are talking about offending people and a Donald Trump ad pops up.

Name:  77607A79-4E68-4440-95A8-91F5C8880414.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  99.8 KB

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stevedmc For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (01-11-2020),dspace9 (01-11-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    The ads on this forum never cease to amaze me. We are talking about offending people and a Donald Trump ad pops up.

Name:  77607A79-4E68-4440-95A8-91F5C8880414.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  99.8 KB

Ad generator can't be reading the forum to see what offends us, otherwise I'd get a Nancy Pelosi Polygrip ad...

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (01-11-2020),poorman1 (01-12-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    No politics allowed reminder in 3...2...1