Thread: Linglong green-max ecotouring

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Linglong green-max ecotouring

Last edited by Mirageman38; 06-22-2020 at 09:40 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    All Chinese tires are not lousy. But many lousy tires are Chinese. So you definitely need to do your homework before buying a tire like this.

The first thing that sticks out when I look at the specs of this tire is that the tread depth is only 7/32". Most brand name tires have closer to 11/32" of tread. One way a tire manufacturer cuts costs (and lowers the rolling resistance at the same time) is by reducing the depth of the tread. Unfortunately this also reduces the useful life of the tire by tens of thousands of miles. On a tire like the Bridgestone Ecopia, 4/32" of tread depth represents close to 40,000 miles of tread life.

These probably aren't "real" low rolling resistance tires for that price. Quality low rolling resistance tires use a specific tread design and rubber compounds that generally aren't going to be found in a $40 tire. So there's a pretty good chance these tires would end up costing you a loss of 1-2 mpg. It doesn't sound like much but it adds up over time.

This tire also has no UTQG rating and no mention of a tread life warranty. So there's absolutely no way for you to know approximately how long these things will last. I bet these tires only last 25,000 miles under ideal conditions.

By the time you buy these and pay to have them installed, you will have close to $250 in the deal. That's really not a bargain for tires that won't last very long and could potentially cost you even more in reduced fuel mileage.
    Last edited by Top_Fuel; 01-13-2020 at 01:47 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

inuvik (01-10-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Now that my 175 65 r14 Barum Brillantis have 3k miles or so miles on them my mpg has steady out at 39 mpg and the depth is still deep. Not bad for a $40 tire. If anyone here is going the cheap route, I def recommend these.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

inuvik (01-10-2020)