Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oddball antenna

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    My 2014 still has the original short antenna on the rear of the roof, and in the Alps I can listen to BBC Radio 4 on long wave (198kHz).

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    Was that aimed at me? AFAIK the threads were opposite, meaning the whip from the 14 had male threads but the stubby had a female boss. At least that's what I remember.
    Oops that was supposed to be for DrMASE. I had bought a stubby a couple or 3 years ago with the female end but it came with a separate threaded stud. Radio reception was poor with it so I put the ol’ whip back on.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.1 mpg (US) ... 18.3 km/L ... 5.5 L/100 km ... 51.8 mpg (Imp)

I won’t know how bad this stubby one is til I head about an hour out of town, which may never happen for me in this car. I’m sure the long Rc car antenna would work better.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)