Thread: can't find anything on the entire web for this.. (fog light housing covers?)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

can't find anything on the entire web for this.. (fog light housing covers?)

I have the DE model 2015 mirage and mine didn't come with fog lights. The circular plastic covers busted out of their housing areas after hitting something on the road and now i have two holes there. You would obviously need to take those plastic pieces out if you ever decided to install fog lights anyway, but I don't plan on installing them and I need something to cover those holes now. I can't find anything at all...no lens cover, dummy lights, reflective lens, NOTHING! Anyone have any suggestions?? I found this image to show what i'm talking about. do you see that circular piece of plastic where the fog light would go? That piece is what i'm missing.
    thanks!Name:  mirage fog light.jpg
Views: 1212
Size:  50.7 KB

Last edited by eco1.2; 01-12-2020 at 07:12 PM.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Ya I have that bumper on my 2014 Mirage. A new bumper like that online runs in the couple hundred bucks. And I guarantee you have to buy the whole bumper to get the small, circular fog lamps covers there. I think it's one of those "one they're popped out once, they ain't going back in again." They're built into the bumper.

My recommendation? Either put fog lamps in there now. Might as well, and upgrade your Mirage. Or put fake fog lamps in there to cover the holes. I have seen a Mirage in the wild, and the front bumper's clips were dangling off along the bottom, so could be worse!

You can just rock the "hole" look

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Looks about the size of a tennis ball. How about a Pringles can lid with a smiley face?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I think your best bet is to find an owner who installed fog lights after their purchase, one who still has the original cap/cover but never threw it out. Pay them a little to ship it. Probably a lot cheaper than the whole bumper. You can try ebay or Rockauto. Here is one that might fit yours:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Mit...YAAOSwVcFdVrD1 ~43 (30+$13 shipping)

Then once you get the cover, use superglue or some other bolted contraption Just kidding, unless it's well attached!

I searched with "mirage fog cover"
    https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...acat=0&_sop=15

I would like to replace my regular headlights with 700 lumen LED lamps. Curious what the average lifespan of the factory headlamps are.
    Last edited by highwire; 01-16-2020 at 10:40 PM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Looks about the size of a tennis ball. How about a Pringles can lid with a smiley face?
    It'd be funny if there was Thomas the Train faces on both sides

6. The Following User Says Thank You to highwire For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-17-2020)

Quote Originally Posted by eco1.2 View Post
    I have the DE model 2015 mirage and mine didn't come with fog lights. The circular plastic covers busted out of their housing areas after hitting something on the road and now i have two holes there. You would obviously need to take those plastic pieces out if you ever decided to install fog lights anyway, but I don't plan on installing them and I need something to cover those holes now. I can't find anything at all...no lens cover, dummy lights, reflective lens, NOTHING! Anyone have any suggestions?? I found this image to show what i'm talking about. do you see that circular piece of plastic where the fog light would go? That piece is what i'm missing.
    thanks!Name:  mirage fog light.jpg
Views: 1212
Size:  50.7 KB
    The piece you’re missing is part of the bumper cover. They break off, you can’t just bolt on new ones. Fog lights would be cheaper than a new bumper. You might be able to put some wire mesh or something in behind and attach it to where the fog light brackets would mount. Those get knocked out all the time on the 15’ mirages I work on. They don’t fall out on the 17’s.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)