Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Jeff Bezos donated .20 cents usd to the Australian wildfires.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I feel like people on the road, would see you driving a Mirage, and think wow. That guy must be hung like 2 diet coke cans stacked on top of each other. lol

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

AtomicPunk (01-15-2020),Pryme (01-15-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Your right. He did give something. Alot didnt. The problem is Jeff Bezos is an oligarch and America is slowly turning into an oligarchy with the gap between rich and poor as wide as its ever been with no sign of slowing down. Middle class is shrinking each year.

Research who Besos donates to politically. Will tell you everything you need to know about who really wants to destroy the middle class, despite claiming to be for the "working class".

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (01-15-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Research who Besos donates to politically. Will tell you everything you need to know about who really wants to destroy the middle class, despite claiming to be for the "working class".
    I dont take sides. Im apolitical, I just see what happens when there's no safety net for our most vulnerable in terms of access to healthcare. We're the only western industrialised nation who doesnt recognise healthcare as a human right. Aren't you an RN Atomic? You take your hypocratic oath seriously? I do.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I dont take sides. Im apolitical, I just see what happens when there's no safety net for our most vulnerable in terms of access to healthcare. We're the only western industrialised nation who doesnt recognise healthcare as a human right. Aren't you an RN Atomic? You take your hypocratic oath seriously? I do.
    The Hippocratic oath is for physicians only. I take care of my patients, many of whom are indigent, or drug addicted, and most because of life choices they've made. I also take care of my own family, who for the past 35 years I've worked hard to make sure had health insurance. And lastly, because of my work ethic, I've paid up to 40-44% of my annual income in taxes, much of which goes to Medicare, Medicaid and welfare for those who can't work. And those who WON'T work. If those aren't safety nets, I don't know what is. We will agree to disagree on your socialized medicine utopia.
    Last edited by AtomicPunk; 01-15-2020 at 02:09 AM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (01-15-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    The Hippocratic oath is for physicians only. I take care of my patients, many of whom are indigent, or drug addicted, and most because of life choices they've made. I also take care of my own family, who for the past 35 years I've worked hard to make sure had health insurance. And lastly, because of my work ethic, I've paid up to 40-44% of my annual income in taxes, much of which goes to Medicare, Medicaid and welfare for those who can't work. And those who WON'T work. If those aren't safety nets, I don't know what is. We will agree to disagree on your socialized medicine utopia.
    Its an oath that doctors used to take in America and looked upon as a joke by most of them now. When I graduated nurse aide school we swore to "do no harm through neglect" which is a form of the oath. I take it seriously. Id hardly call single payer or universal healthcare an unattainable "Eutopia" when EVERY other 1st world nation has it. I guess we'll just continue on with the status quo of inflated prices for medical service, higher infant mortality rate than Cuba, medical bankruptcy rates skyrocketing, doctors acting more like extortionists than healers. You talk to a NHS British doctor and they look at healthcare as a human right, American doctors look at healthcare to make as much money and retire early as they can. But hey, what do I know? Im just a lowly CNA who wipes asses and cleans up after pallative care does its magic. Canadians and Brits, remember here in America if you get sick, die fast or bankrupt your family with treatments.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Speaking of the NHS, yeah, its a real panacea.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sallypi.../#1e2ecf1c36b8

I'm going back to discussing the mirage now. Best of luck to you.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Speaking of the NHS, yeah, its a real panacea.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/sallypi.../#1e2ecf1c36b8

I'm going back to discussing the mirage now. Best of luck to you.
    Hey I can find articles too lol.

http://theconversation.com/why-the-b...-service-66314

Im not knocking you Punk, you've been a good friend. I just feel keeping healthcare a business goes against the very principles of what we do. Im done. I wont change anything. Just venting. I had a patient die that I was attached to. Im just pissed how she was treated in her last days by the doctors. Alot of joking about how happy the admins will be for the budget, now that she's gone.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Its all good. I'm of the generation that allowed friends to have different opinions, lol. You're a good dude, and by the sound of it, a good STNA; you clearly care, which is a good thing. Fact of life: some physicians are dicks. That's where you and I have to pick up their slack so hopefully the patient has a decent experience. Do the best you can do and go home at the end of your shift; they need you rested for tomorrow.

I don't know what the answer is. Price controls/government control always leads to inefficency and waits. PmFor profit systems usually leads to competition and innovation, but can also leave some behind or with massive debt/bills. Let me know when you figure out a solution, and I'll vote for ya'!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (01-15-2020)