Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Winter weather report please

Could be worse, they got hit hard in newfieland. https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=48...20time%20lapse

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Winter has brought some snow, soon to turn to ice.

My drive in to work was early enough that there were very few other drivers out. I usually worry more about the other drivers than my own driving.

Speck did just fine, though I slipped and slid around more than I wanted. In fact one traffic signal turned yellow as I was approaching the intersection. I tried to come to a stop but the antilock braking activated and there was no way I was going to stop in time so I rolled through. I was going too fast to be able to stop in time. Can't blame the Mirage for that.

The Mirage is fine in snow but not magical that's for sure!
    I watched someone follow a semi through an intersection seconds after it turned red. The red light camera flashed, I'm not sure which one got their picture taken. I found a piece of white metal siding, bent it at 90 degrees and slid it behind my plate in the hopes of avoiding such tickets. I don't make a habit of blowing through red lights but there are a few intersections that have speed and red light cameras so you're screwed if you speed up to avoid a red and you're even worse off if you don't speed through.

I did the same thing as you once this season already, attempted to stop but quickly realised that I'll end up in the middle of the intersection like an idiot if I kept trying to stop so blew right through.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    In Minnesota (USA). Snow has been moderate. The Fuel Economy Log is like a mini-Mirage Diary lol, fun to read what it's been through. From the past 2 years, it feels like we've been getting 'snowed-on' a bit later than usual (more snow in Feb-March and into early april). I remember getting a lot more snow in December, but thats just my memory. Snow seems "normal" I guess. But definitely not as much as last year's snow.

As for the cold, right now, it's a bit warmer than usual. We haven't gotten the 2 weeks of -10°F (with the windchill of -20°F to -35°F) temps yet. So, at least thats okay. I can handle 25°F degree weather for now lol

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Still nothing worth noting in SE New Brunswick. Maybe 18" on the ground, sunny and cool today, rainy and like 8 degrees called for tomorrow...

Absolutely nothing compared to last year.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)