Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2015 Mirage won't turn over sometimes (Not Battery)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    This is why this is one of the best automative forums on the web, guys like Top Fuel and Fummins. Saved me some money and more important, a piece of mind as well.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emilio View Post
    For the steering wheel shaking at 60mph+ could it be the struts? Tires are brand new as well as rotors/pads...
    Sounds like a wheel assembly problem - either out of round or out of balance. I can see cheap tires causing both.

Balanced, round wheels won't shake or wobble at any speed, regardless of the condition of the struts.
    Last edited by Eggman; 01-16-2020 at 08:24 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-16-2020)

One ghetto way to eliminate cables off your list of possible problems is to just run your booster cables from the battery right to the starter. I spent more than a few hours trying to get some Crusty old diesel trucks going. Frame to engine ground strap turned to dust.
    I haven’t run into a cable problem with mirages though. Just starter and battery problems really. And that kick panel connector, but I don’t think it affected the starter at all.

I can’t recall and don’t want to go look at my car but there might be a starter relay in the under hood fuse box. If so, I’d try swapping it with a relay that from
    Something you can live without.
    Last edited by Fummins; 01-16-2020 at 01:26 AM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    So far so good today, have a lot of things to try when it breaks again. Although crossing my fingers it doesn't break.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to emilio For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-17-2020)

I've got a 17' mirage inside that I just finished fixing an unrelated(hopefully) wiring problem, buttoned everything up and it wouldn't crank over. Couldn't hear the start solenoid click. Only a few small relays on the under dash fuse box. I double checked all the connections behind the kick panel and around the fuse box and it'd started up once. Then nothing. Pulled all the relays up a little bit and reseated them then and now it starts every time.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

inuvik (01-23-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I've got a 17' mirage inside that I just finished fixing an unrelated(hopefully) wiring problem, buttoned everything up and it wouldn't crank over. Couldn't hear the start solenoid click. Only a few small relays on the under dash fuse box. I double checked all the connections behind the kick panel and around the fuse box and it'd started up once. Then nothing. Pulled all the relays up a little bit and reseated them then and now it starts every time.
    There's a TSB for that.

TSB: Extreme Cold Ambient Temperature - Relays Fail to Operate

TSB: Error Codes with Cold Weather Operation

Well, several.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Yeah I remember. We had two 2017’s have that problem on the same day a few years ago. This latest problem car was inside for a few days. And was starting fine minutes before.

Mirage videos: