Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Chicago

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I would love to drop that 1.6 into my Mirage. But I think that will break my Mirage eventually.

My friend had an older Honda Prelude with nitro believe it or not, and the car was lightning quick. The thing is.. the nitro boost took its toll on the Prelude, and eventually kerplunk. Wrong tool for the job, and the tool wears out fast.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I would love to drop that 1.6 into my Mirage. But I think that will break my Mirage eventually.

My friend had an older Honda Prelude with nitro believe it or not, and the car was lightning quick. The thing is.. the nitro boost took its toll on the Prelude, and eventually kerplunk. Wrong tool for the job, and the tool wears out fast.
    Yeah, nitrous tends to find the weakest parts in your engine and exploit the crap out of em. Was it one of those 4 wheel steering preludes?

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GordosTacoShop View Post
    Yeah, nitrous tends to find the weakest parts in your engine and exploit the crap out of em. Was it one of those 4 wheel steering preludes?
    I'm not sure actually. I don't think so. I want to say it was a base model. If I recall I think it was a 1992 or 1993. I haven't seen one like it on the road in years now. Lots of legroom. I'm actually looking at a 2010 Lancer myself for a second car.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm not sure actually. I don't think so. If I recall I think it was a 1992 or 1993. I haven't seen one like it on the road in years now. Lots of legroom. I'm actually looking at a 2010 Lancer myself for a second car.
    Oh nice. I gutted a 92 for it's engine as my first engine swap.
    You can get Lancers pretty cheap now, wouldn't be a bad idea.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Oh nice. I gutted a 92 for it's engine as my first engine swap.
    You can get Lancers pretty cheap now, wouldn't be a bad idea.
    Yea my friend's Prelude was that era. A looker, kind of a bigger Eclipse. You wonder how much money a mint, numbers-matching Prelude would go for these days. Maybe more at Barret Jackson than a similar year Bentley or Rolls Royce or Jag.

Lancer wise, I just want a heavier car for bad weather days. My Mirage can do what it can do. I have been looking at the market for a good quality used Lancer. Many are in bad shape and/or customized too much. The 2010 Lancer I'm looking at looks like it has been oil sprayed. $4995 with 150,000 km's on it.

I would like a nicer highway traveling car. More legroom, armrest, and more power on the highway. Have 2 Mitsubishis, so long-haul parts swap for a few things anyways.
    Last edited by dspace9; 01-19-2020 at 03:16 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yea my friend's Prelude was that era. A looker, kind of a bigger Eclipse. You wonder how much money a mint, numbers-matching Prelude would go for these days. Maybe more at Barret Jackson than a similar year Bentley or Rolls Royce or Jag.

Lancer wise, I just want a heavier car for bad weather days. My Mirage can do what it can do. I have been looking at the market for a good quality used Lancer. Many are in bad shape and/or customized too much. The 2010 Lancer I'm looking at looks like it has been oil sprayed. $4995 with 150,000 km's on it.

I would like a nicer highway traveling car. More legroom, armrest, and more power on the highway. Have 2 Mitsubishis, so long-haul parts swap for a few things anyways.
    I got a honda fit for the same reason. It's amazing how large it feels after driving the mirage for a while.
    I admitedly have always had my eye on the lancer wagon. I don't think they ever did an Evo in North America with the wagon...would have loved converting one. I have literally seen one in the last 5 years though.
    I almost pulled the trigger on the Montero. Those things are no joke in the winter, and I think they're easy to work on. Just poop mpg/log.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I got a honda fit for the same reason. It's amazing how large it feels after driving the mirage for a while.
    I admitedly have always had my eye on the lancer wagon. I don't think they ever did an Evo in North America with the wagon...would have loved converting one. I have literally seen one in the last 5 years though.
    I almost pulled the trigger on the Montero. Those things are no joke in the winter, and I think they're easy to work on. Just poop mpg/log.
    Canada is different because we only got Mitsubishi dealerships in 2004. Before that, the only Mitsubishi you could get was a Dodge Colt clone.

Anyway, I think they did bring the wagon Lancer in Ralliart form anyway, to North America. Back around 2005-06. I know the exact car you're talking about. I haven't seen one in a while, but I have seen a few. Not right-hand drive import ones either, Canadian cars.

Name:  picture_php_pictureid_14318_55c1943f65c7c105ae98e6703cd64127b6585656.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  54.3 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Jesus that's gorgeous.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Jesus that's gorgeous.
    Yea it's gorgeous alright. I saw a black one identical at the mitsu dealer a few years back, but they are rare in Canada.

I found that photo on one of the Lancer Forums online. Their "most popular" Lancer photos of all-time gallery. Worth flipping through if that's your thing. Lots of nice EVO's from across the eras. Not magazine but real cars.

Canada is different because we only got Mitsubishi dealerships in 2004. Before that, the only Mitsubishi you could get was a Dodge Colt clone.

Name:  picture_php_pictureid_14318_55c1943f65c7c105ae98e6703cd64127b6585656.jpg
Views: 489
Size:  54.3 KB
    Attachment 16838 But close. It was 2002. Before then you could get a bunch of rebadged Mitsubishi's back to the early 90's. Eagle talon, Plymouth laser,Dodge stealth,eagle 2000gtx,dodge d50,Eagle summit, and probably others I can't think of.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)