Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Hello from Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by GordosTacoShop View Post
    I bought this little beast used from CarMax and ... They threw in the 5 year CarMax repair warranty for free
    Wow, you got the "Demuro" warranty!!?* And for a car Demuro himself called the worst new car you can buy? That's fun.

Welcome to the forum!

(* If you're familiar with his Carmax Range Rover experience, you get the reference.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Wow, you got the "Demuro" warranty!!?* And for a car Demuro himself called the worst new car you can buy? That's fun.

Welcome to the forum!

(* If you're familiar with his Carmax Range Rover experience, you get the reference.)
    Lol... It really is a great warranty. CarMax should stop selling range rovers and jeep/Dodge/Chryslers. They hemmorage money on those repairs.
    I've literally taken in my mirage for one thing.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GordosTacoShop View Post
    Lol... It really is a great warranty. CarMax should stop selling range rovers and jeep/Dodge/Chryslers. They hemmorage money on those repairs.
    I've literally taken in my mirage for one thing.
    I don't think Doug DeMuro is the brightest light bulb in any particular room.

Doug DeMuro paid $3899 for his used Range Rover's extended warranty @ CarMax. If I felt a vehicle needed that type of extended warranty, I personally wouldn't buy it. Apparently, Doug doesn't watch Scotty Kilmer's youtube.com clips, because Range Rovers are "huge endless money pits"!

Seriously, a guy that does car reviews for a living should be smarter than that!

Profits of today's car dealership revolves around financing, insurance like gap insurance, extended warranties, and add-on items they try to sell you. Over charging for repairs also adds to their profits. In all fairness, they have a lot of business overhead to cover (fancy dealership buildings, extensive sales and service staff, etc.).

If you want the best deal on any car, leave financing out of the equation. Find out what it costs (OTD = out-the-door) to drive that car off their lot first. Then look at financing options.

When I was shopping for a Mirage, I already knew a car loan would cost me $30 to process @ my local credit union. The rates that I were quoted at the time were 2.49%/60 months for a new Mirage & 2.74%/60 months for a used one.
    Last edited by Mark; 01-24-2020 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I don't think Doug DeMuro is the brightest light bulb in any particular room.

Doug DeMuro paid $3899 for his used Range Rover's extended warranty @ CarMax. If I felt a vehicle needed that type of extended warranty, I personally wouldn't buy it. ... Apparently, Doug doesn't watch Scotty Kilmer's youtube.com clips, because Range Rover are "huge endless money pits"!
    True, but .... He probably earned 10x what that warranty cost him by writing & posting about that car's endless repairs. Good content!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    True, but .... He probably earned 10x what that warranty cost him by writing & posting about that car's endless repairs. Good content!
    If that is so, how does that help the readers of his worthless thoughts?

I get your point! If someone values Doug's opinion of vehicles, I apologize. I don't mean to offend anyone!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Doug? Worthless?? Say it ain't so! I thought he and Scotty Kilmer were colleagues. Except at least one of them has worked on cars I think.

I suppose he has his followers/worshippers. That's the digital economy for ya. Making money!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)