Thread: Replacing Fog light assembly

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks

Replacing Fog light assembly to LED pods Will this throw a code?

Hi,

My mirage came with factory foglights.

I am planning on doing an experiment. I found some SS3 foglight copies and I plan on having them replace the stock fogs.

Does any body know if that will wreck havoc on the ecu? I am not sure if the fog lights are being monitored by the ecu and might throw a code. The SS3 copies are 40w based on the sellers post.

Last edited by bosbik; 01-20-2020 at 06:41 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bosbik For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (01-20-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Not sure, best of luck bosbik!

I have the plastic covers on my front grill myself. I might get fog lights eventually. But then how do you get the switches for the inside is my question.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Since mine came stock i have the switch active on my light switch lever.. I imagine you can always route the wires through the firewall then install an independent switch on one of the spare panels

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I rarely use my fog lights, mostly because I find they only illuminate maybe ten feet in front of the car. Maybe I don't understand their purpose or am using them wrong.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    I tinted mine yellow just recently and did a night drive.. Did not expect that it would make a big difference but it did. So it made me think about DD SS3's. I found some led lights with a similar lens pattern and thought it would make a nice SS3 like fog light

I'm lazy and don't like having to google everything especially when using my phone. Wth is a ss3, and ddss3 light? I'm in the " I don't have the answer to your question but will post just to raise my post count club" and don't know but doubt you'll throw any codes by changing fog lights. But if you're drawing much more than the stock bulbs maybe run a relay and draw right from the battery.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm lazy and don't like having to google everything especially when using my phone. Wth is a ss3, and ddss3 light? I'm in the " I don't have the answer to your question but will post just to raise my post count club" and don't know but doubt you'll throw any codes by changing fog lights. But if you're drawing much more than the stock bulbs maybe run a relay and draw right from the battery.
    Its the diode dynamics ss3 pod led light. I was thinking of directly connecting it to the stock wiring so it would work with the stalk switch

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bosbik For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-20-2020)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    You may be able to make it work with no issues, so long as you can handle pissed oncoming drivers as those kinds of led assemblies are going to blind them that's for sure.

Around here everyone has aftermarket hid and led headlight bulbs. But I'll stay stock, I prefer not to have a reason to get pulled over even though I'm always legit and don't have a reason to worry like I did years ago. I'd do fog lights though, if you get flashed all the time just keep them off when other traffic is around.

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)