Thread: You know you're a Mirage owner/driver when...

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post

I drove a 1990 Ford Festiva from 1990 to 2004. It was a color they called "pop yellow". I don't recall any close calls with that car. Even the deer seemed to avoid it! I called it my "sunshine car"! I would also joke that the most it could depreciate was $5,300, because that is what it cost new after a $1000 rebate offered by Ford at the time of purchase. It was cheap transportation at the time when our family sort of needed it.
    A small subcompact dipped in a bright colour paint makes it safer for sure, or at least better-seen. Half the battle.

My own 2014 Mirage is dark grey like yours, and it's not seen. One good thing is.. you're under the radar of the police. I have literally been speeding around in speedy traffic, then a cop and suddenly everyone slows down... and it was the bright green Mazda 2 that got pulled over, not me... I quickly blended back in.

And I use my clutch as a brake. Slow down without brake lights!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to dspace9 For This Useful Post:

MacClyver (03-03-2020)