Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: This is why people buy a Mirage, according to Mitsubishi

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    I was surprised by that, too. I figure the average US buyer of a new Mirage wants an inexpensive dependable car with a long warranty. I would have thought fuel efficiency would be on the list after price and warranty. Based on the forum's Fuel Economy Log, most people here aren't obsessed with fuel economy.

Mitsubishi needs to re-think the pricing on these cars. The Mirage could be the most fuel efficient and least expensive vehicle in the US. Nobody pays $13K for a base model Mirage in the US. At least I hope nobody paid that much.

EDIT - I think this article is quoting Canadian pricing? You can't buy a Spark in the US for $9,998.

Attachment 16844

^^^ C'mon Mitsubishi. Almost $14,000 for a base Mirage? What are they smoking?!?
    Hi prices for Mirage is to allow customer in negitive equity rides to trade into a Mirage. Its a lending game, and as loan terms have extended in years more folks are upside-down yet still want to churn cars every few years. Mitsubishi skews towards the credit challenged crowd so a key part of their strategy.... not judging the folks here

Mitsubishi needs to re-think the pricing on these cars. The Mirage could be the most fuel efficient and least expensive vehicle
    They're actually moving AWAY from the "cheapest new car" fight, at least in Canada.

EDIT - I think this article is quoting Canadian pricing? You can't buy a Spark in the US for $9,998.
    Yeah, that was a Canadian article. I'm not sure if the sales stats are Canadian or North American, though.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I bought the mirages mainly for the mileage too but also because of the simplicity, cheap maintenance due to how small the capacity is, the warranty and the 5spd availability with the cool little features it offered for under 11k new. Financing didn't matter to me, we only used it to get the discount for using it. One car was paid off that day and the other less than a year later.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I bought them because Toyota killed my beloved Yaris... so I wanted a small hatchback that has a manual. Ended up liking them more than I thought I would so now we have three.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm sure there are a few that stated they bought the mirage for fuel efficiency cause it sounds better than "it's the only car I could qualify for financing, good fuel economy is just a bonus". Before people get triggered, I said "few" not all
    Thats pretty much me. I could care less this is an ecofriendly car with fantastic gas mileage. We had to buy 2 used cars a month apart. The Mirage fit the bill. 44k miles for a $6500 2014 and $8k for a 37k miles G4. I lurked on here, read these cars are reliable, even the CVT version, and knew it was for us. Id love to get another with the facelift in a couple of years. Its a simple, mostly well designed sh&tbox. A godsend for rideshare guys, pizza delivery guys, retirees, cheapskates, teenagers, students, etc etc. This car is perfect for many different types. The word just needs to get out better. Alot of millenials never even heard of Mitsubishi.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-21-2020),inuvik (01-21-2020)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Too late...

Attachment 16846
    Or cheap. I thought the FRS was too expensive at around $25k. I went to go look at the GT86 and its about $30k. -_-
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Before people get triggered, I said "few" not all
    Hmmm...
    Attached Images Attached Images  

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

2of9 (01-22-2020),Fummins (01-21-2020),poorman1 (01-30-2020)

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Don Cherry! "How dare you"?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    Quote: the top reason to buy Mirage was fuel efficiency, which is almost 30 percent higher than the segment average.

I don't understand.
    Is he saying it uses 30% more fuel than segment average?
    Is he saying the 65% that bought mirage are 30% more folks buying it for that reason, than compared to other buyers in that segment that bought something else?
    Hi Foama, I understand your question. The sentence is worded in a way that can be confusing to some. It is because of something called "misplaced modifiers." I did study English in college for a year, so I have a stronger background in this. This is one of those grammatical things that can be seem ambiguous even if it is correctly written.

It most likely is worded to indicate that the top reason to buy a Mirage, among 65% of polled, is fuel efficiency. The fuel efficiency of many new cars could be around 30mpg (including SUVs), so 39 combined for CVT Mirage is 30% more. But that does not appear to be what the sentence is. Understandably, English is one of the most difficult languages to master. That said, many native English speakers do not usually often notice or try to determine that distinction.

Also, MetroMPG, I'm glad you posted this- I was going to share the same article!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to highwire For This Useful Post:

foama (01-22-2020)