Thread: Push button boot unlock

Country
    UK
    Thanks

Push button boot unlock

Anyone got any pointers on what to look for, as my push button on the boot makes a squishy noise and only works intermittently - so I'm guessing I'll need to replace the switch - but what is it called ? what do I look for ? Can I use a normal push switch instead ? Ideas and views please.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffers View Post
    Anyone got any pointers on what to look for, as my push button on the boot makes a squishy noise and only works intermittently - so I'm guessing I'll need to replace the switch - but what is it called ? what do I look for ? Can I use a normal push switch instead ? Ideas and views please.
    I'm pretty sure it's a combination switch and antenna. I think this is mentioned in the Owner's Manual somewhere.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Geoffers View Post
    Have you replaced the battery in your fob?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Just to clarify - it's the push button on the actual boot that's causing the issue.
    Drivers side door button works as normal.
    Yes remote battery replaced recently - and if that was the cause it'd be consistent between drivers, boot and remote.
    Drivers button and remote button not an issue, boot button depending on how I push it, or let it de-squishyfy first, effects on how it works - so it does point to a faulty button on the boot, or a failure in its water ingress resistance.