Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Help!!!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts

Help!!!

My parking light has gone out on the drivers side and my sepetine belt sounds squeaky in the morning. Does any one know how to replace the little white bulb next to the big bulb and the part number or halogen size? Also serpentine belt links or recommendations?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    My parking light has gone out on the drivers side and my sepetine belt sounds squeaky in the morning. Does any one know how to replace the little white bulb next to the big bulb and the part number or halogen size? Also serpentine belt links or recommendations?
    Hey Dirk:
    1. The bulb is listed in your owner's manual. Sorry I'm unable to look it up for you.
    2. Rock Auto lists six different belts for your 2014. Have you tried tightening your serpentine belt?

Again, sorry I can't do more from here, but I hope this helps.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (01-27-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I second tightening up the belt a little bit. I don't think the Mirage has an auto tensioner... I'll go outside and look in a few
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Look at the back of the headlight assembly, find the bulb holder/socket, there are two little ones just twist it about 1/4 turn and it pulls out. Once the socket it out of the headlight the bulb just pulls straight out. The bulb is a w5w, 194(?) or just about any little old style dash light bulb should fit if you're in a pinch.

To tighten the belt you'll need a 12mm something. But a metric crescent wrench would work fine too. Ha. Loosen off the nut on the top of the alternator a little then tighten the long adjusting bolt. I sometimes have the car running with the defrost and ac running to load up the pulleys a little. Then tighten the belt til it's quiet. Don't get your dread locks or bracelets stuck in the belts though.
    If you're replacing it there is a 14mm/ 9/16" bolt or nut(can't remember) on the bottom of the alt. A deep 3/8" drive socket works good to loosen it off so the alternator will pivot. once the tensioner is backed off.
    Crappy directions but ask which parts don't make sense and someone will fix it lol
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (01-27-2020),mohammad (09-22-2021)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thank you so much fellas! Im going to update after I replace bulb and tighten belt.

I'm gonna try to word this properly, if there isn't much room left to tighten the alternator it's time to replace the belt. Once you're at or close to using up 3/4 of the adjustment available the belt is stretched and on it's last legs.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (01-27-2020),Eggman (01-27-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Rather than recreate a discussion that has already happened, this is another thread related to belts.

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...erpentine-belt

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-27-2020)

Great, alzheimer's and dementia has hit me early.
    Mirage videos:

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Rather than recreate a discussion that has already happened, this is another thread related to belts.

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...erpentine-belt
    Thank you Funny, I followed your directions got the new parking bulb in after only 2 mins thanks to your directions. The guy at the parts store was pushing the LED bulb and after reading from your previous posts about how picky the Mirage electrical system was, I told the guy give me the cheapest halogen bulb you got! I check the belt this morning because it always sounds a touch rough when I first start the car off. After driving for 5 mins or so, the sound disappeared. I figured my 2014 has a serpentine belt 65k miles old, it wouldn't hurt to replace it with. Any recommendations from Rock Auto you'd recommend? There seems like alot of good choices.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Thank you Funny, I followed your directions got the new parking bulb in after only 2 mins thanks to your directions. The guy at the parts store was pushing the LED bulb and after reading from your previous posts about how picky the Mirage electrical system was, I told the guy give me the cheapest halogen bulb you got! I check the belt this morning because it always sounds a touch rough when I first start the car off. After driving for 5 mins or so, the sound disappeared. I figured my 2014 has a serpentine belt 65k miles old, it wouldn't hurt to replace it with. Any recommendations from Rock Auto you'd recommend? There seems like alot of good choices.
    Hopefully, someone else will recommend a belt for you. I noticed on AutoZone.com that the Continental belt is $11 more, but has a 3-year warranty. Their cheaper Duralast belt has a 1-year warranty.

If you don't like doing this stuff, I would buy the belt, store it in my car, & ask to have it installed next time I had an oil change done.

The other thread on belts mentioned the Goodyear Gatorback belt as being a good one. Hopefully, others make suggestions. I haven't changed mine yet.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post: