Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help!!!

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Update

They replaced the belt with a CK Napa auto part, the cheap one. Cars sounds great, no rattling, also added 37 psi to all tires. Cost $119.00 They said the bearings looked good as well. Thank you all for the advice and support.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Eggman (01-28-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Also labor was only $60 bucks! I paid almost triple that when I replaced the serpentine belt on my old Subaru Outback! These cars are a mechanic's dream if he is on multiple jobs in the garage.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Fummins (01-28-2020)

Wow, I wish people were that happy when I give them a price for fixing their car.
    I had to tell a guy to find someone else to fix his junk cause he'd always whine about what I charge. Saved his family probably $4000 over the last 6 months from what the dealer and independent shops were quoting them for labour. Some of that being work that wasn't needed like brakes needing to be replaced with 70% remaining and rotors looking like new. I hate seeing people get ripped off but some deserve it.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (01-28-2020),mohammad (09-22-2021),poorman1 (01-29-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Wow, I wish people were that happy when I give them a price for fixing their car.
    I had to tell a guy to find someone else to fix his junk cause he'd always whine about what I charge. Saved his family probably $4000 over the last 6 months from what the dealer and independent shops were quoting them for labour. Some of that being work that wasn't needed like brakes needing to be replaced with 70% remaining and rotors looking like new. I hate seeing people get ripped off but some deserve it.
    How's yours running Dummy? That new belt you put on end any squealing, if you had any? I notice an improvement in the noise of the AC cycling too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    How's yours running Dummy? That new belt you put on end any squealing, if you had any? I notice an improvement in the noise of the AC cycling too.
    Dummy? That hurt my feeling. Mines still going. No squealing after new belt. I had to tighten it up a little after a week or month though. Something was making a little noise the last few days. I haven't looked yet, I'll drive til something breaks then fix it.

I miss a good derail. I found what looks like could be a decent deal on a fiesta st. If it's not a right off and if the seat airbags are able to be replaced and find someone that can restitch the seats properly. And if used or cheap suspension parts are available. https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details...dId=1484121974
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I meant Dummy! Damn auto correct on phone! Are you suggesting I should bring it back in a week to retighten? Would you recommend that?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    I meant Dummy! Damn auto correct on phone! Are you suggesting I should bring it back in a week to retighten? Would you recommend that?
    Yeah, that's what I thought. You're pretty mean today aren't ya?

I wouldn't bring it back unless it's noisy. Even then, a 12mm wrench is pretty cheap.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Here's the belt they put in, the only one available for our Mirages from Napa.

https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/NBG2...t=NBH+25060483

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I guess I can't right Fummy now on my phone?

I don't know which is worse?

I could be wrong and quickly corrected but I think napa belts are made by gates? A belts a belt to me.

Last edited by Fummins; 01-28-2020 at 07:02 PM.
    Mirage videos: