Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mirage are getting cheaper.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,785 Times in 2,104 Posts
    So, if I understand correctly, Mitsubishi Motors has designed a car, called it the Mirage, and is currently building this design to be sold throughout the world. Separate companies buy this product from Mitsubishi Motors to be sold and serviced in their respective market areas according to local laws. In order to do so, this marketing company must be able to remain solvent - like it or not, it has to make money. Research and knowledge of their respective markets directs what options are valued and make the product competitive in their respective market, so the cars are ordered with the options & features which gives both companies the best chance for success. This process of deciding what to include and what to leave out often is driven by local laws & regulations, not for a specific, vocal minority. In order to make importing these cars profitable, they gotta sell a bunch of 'em, right?

I hear many forum members wish for Mitsubishi to have a better dealer network around the world. Yet building a dealer & support network takes time, effort, and resources (funding.) Don't forget the pitfalls along the way - partnering with sketchy other automotive companies whose decisions might just bring down your business model, which has happened with Mitsubishi. Several times!

I appreciate the desire for cheaper transportation. The Mirage is still hard to beat.

Recent developments like blind spot detection, lane departure warning, automatic braking, and backup cameras are not necessarily a result of infotainment displays. Those technologies either predate or developed alongside the driver distraction screen.

Believe me - I really appreciate having basic transportation. I own and drive one myself. Driving something so primitive makes me appreciate having a more modern car with today's amenities.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

2of9 (01-29-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itschad View Post
    The murmur is the new Mirage will be offered in 3 trim levels, we'll see. I've read a lot and seen many pictures of the "new" Mirage and still I'm of the opinion they ran out of pencils and ideas when designing it. Clearly it's not a new model just a facelift, they should have tried a little harder, especially on the interior.

I agree that the new upcoming Mirage looks about the same as today's with only the front changed. The new front will look more like the other Mitsubishi models.

Personally, I don't mind the new look. None of the three fronts are repulsive to me. I also don't mind the car keeping it's identity intact. I really like the 5-speed manual powertrain of the Mirage, & I am glad it may be around for a few more upcoming years.

Like Eggman, I appreciate Mitsubishi offering the Mirage to the U.S. market. It goes against the trend of most everything else sold here. I'm sure Mitsubishi feels this simple car needs a certain level of features to sell. I don't mean to be overly critical of that. I just question when added features raises the MSRP to the level of other vehicles like the KIA Soul & Honda Fit.

Overall, vehicles have become really expensive (all brands), & I am not convinced they are made all that well.
    Last edited by Mark; 01-29-2020 at 10:54 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

timw4mail (01-30-2020)

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I agree that the new upcoming Mirage looks about the same as today's with only the front changed. The new front will look more like the other Mitsubishi models.

Personally, I don't mind the new look. None of the three fronts are repulsive to me. I also don't mind the car keeping it's identity intact. I really like the 5-speed manual powertrain of the Mirage, & I am glad it may be around for a few more upcoming years.

Like Eggman, I appreciate Mitsubishi offering the Mirage to the U.S. market. It goes against the trend of most everything else sold here. I'm sure Mitsubishi feels this simple car needs a certain level of features to sell. I don't mean to be overly critical of that. I just just question when added features raises the MSRP to the level of other vehicles like the KIA Soul & Honda Fit.

Overall, vehicles have become really expensive (all brands), & I am not convinced they are made all that well.
    I have to concur there Mark. In the UK & Europe (there, I mentioned that place again) we are spoilt for choice on small "basic" transport. If I gave the impression I was critical of Mitsubishi then my unreserved apologies are relayed to all.
    I went to have an eyeball on a Vauxhall Corsa on Tuesday, it felt more solid, seats were more forgiving and switchgear just felt right. However, after picking up the grandchildren from school and jumping into the Mirage it's like, well, that nice old reliable dog that you have that ****s everywhere, but those solemn eyes? You just have to love it, don't ya.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to itschad For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (01-30-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Lololololol. I read that in Michael Caine's voice.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Well we come from the same parish, the difference between us is that he's a little older and a lot wealthier.

https://youtu.be/7_PX1cVuaVA