Thread: Mirage are getting cheaper.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,820 Times in 2,126 Posts
    So, if I understand correctly, Mitsubishi Motors has designed a car, called it the Mirage, and is currently building this design to be sold throughout the world. Separate companies buy this product from Mitsubishi Motors to be sold and serviced in their respective market areas according to local laws. In order to do so, this marketing company must be able to remain solvent - like it or not, it has to make money. Research and knowledge of their respective markets directs what options are valued and make the product competitive in their respective market, so the cars are ordered with the options & features which gives both companies the best chance for success. This process of deciding what to include and what to leave out often is driven by local laws & regulations, not for a specific, vocal minority. In order to make importing these cars profitable, they gotta sell a bunch of 'em, right?

I hear many forum members wish for Mitsubishi to have a better dealer network around the world. Yet building a dealer & support network takes time, effort, and resources (funding.) Don't forget the pitfalls along the way - partnering with sketchy other automotive companies whose decisions might just bring down your business model, which has happened with Mitsubishi. Several times!

I appreciate the desire for cheaper transportation. The Mirage is still hard to beat.

Recent developments like blind spot detection, lane departure warning, automatic braking, and backup cameras are not necessarily a result of infotainment displays. Those technologies either predate or developed alongside the driver distraction screen.

Believe me - I really appreciate having basic transportation. I own and drive one myself. Driving something so primitive makes me appreciate having a more modern car with today's amenities.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

2of9 (01-29-2020)