Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where are you sourcing your foglights from (17+ hatchback)

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Where are you sourcing your foglights from (17+ hatchback)

I've been looking for fog lights for my 2018 ES & don't want to shell out the $ for the OEM's. I found some from Spyder Auto for a decent $, but no one seems to have them in stock & when I called Spyder, they said they might have some back in stock in 4 months. i'm not finding anything else. curious what you all have found that I may be missing
    (I've already activated the switch when I added cruise control.)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Welcome to the forum Ketsair!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

I just ordered some cheapo specials from ebay that come with led bulbs. They should be here sometime in march or never. Hopefully by March. https://www.ebay.ca/itm/For-Mitsubis...72.m2749.l2648 Attachment 16965 These are for a g4 but I'm sure they're the same for others. If not I'll let it be known.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I installed some blinglights universal ones and all the bulbs (4) died in like 2 years and I didn't even have the fogs on that much.

Edit: Water also got into the casing quite easy. Fogging up and such.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Thanks for mentioning that, I'll attempt to seal them up before installing them. I ordered a cheapo chinesium 40" light bar from amazon years ago. I sealed the eng caps with schmooh and haven't had moisture in it, like many complain about.
    My headlights have been horrible lately, it's amazing how useless they are when caked in dirt.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The brackets on the 14/15 & newer G4 are different from the 17/18 HB from what I've found. Seems like the earlier HB & the G4 might share the same 1's. Just leaves the later HB as the outlier.

Mirage videos:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    man after searching how did I miss that post..
    Fummins, was that a newer style fog light you bolted up to your older bracket?

The pic I posted showing the back of the fog light installed on the car was the way they 14-15's come from factory. Looks ass backwards. The 17's look like the same light minus the extra brackets, they just bolt right to the bumper cover I believe.

The only way I have any luck finding something on this forum is use the advanced search bar, even then it's hit or miss. I assume that's why there are so many repeat posts?
    Last edited by Fummins; 01-29-2020 at 01:30 PM.
    Mirage videos:

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I agree with you, without the extra brackets it looks to be the same. you don't happen to have 1 around to measure the bolt pattern of that smaller bracket do you?

I have my bumper cover off right now, I can measure my bolt pattern when I get home tonight