Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Douglas tires from walmart

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,565 Times in 1,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    My Outlander Sport has nexen tires on it from the factory. They seem to be decent thus far.
    I agree, they are great in the rain, pretty quiet and my mileage has been excellent.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have ran a few sets of them on my mid 80s isuzu pickup trucks. I liked them. Rode well. Avg wearing. Also did go in snow when new on the lightweight rear end of a 2wd pickup truck

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Don't get sucked in by the low $37 price tag. For another $18 per tire, you could buy Falken Sincera tires through Wal-Mart that will last almost twice as long as those Douglas tires.

I'd rather spend another $72 on the Falkens and not worry about replacing tires again for 80,000 miles. Over time, the Falkens are actually the less expensive option. Just something to think about.
    Amen. If thte Falken Sincera tires are available, then buy them! They weren't available on my last tire purchase and I had to settle for a set of Hancook tires. Honestly, the Hancook tires seem to be doing fine, but I haven't put enough miles on them to know if they will last 80k miles or not.

Douglas tires are made by Goodyear. Goodyear tires are garbage, or at least the Viva 3 tires that Walmart sells are crap.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    If I can get 50k out of the Barums, it'll be worth it in the end.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 2,122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevedmc View Post
    Douglas tires are made by Goodyear. Goodyear tires are garbage, or at least the Viva 3 tires that Walmart sells are crap.
    If you are trying to sell your car & want to state it has new tires, Douglas tires may be a good choice.

I've looked @ Goodyear Viva 3 tires at times, & I had the same impression of them as the Douglas. They are cheap, & they look cheap. I copied/pasted the comment below, because it summarizes how I feel about these tires, too.

"The truth is that these are Walmart exclusive tires meaning only Walmart sells them, they have an agreement with Goodyear, and no self-respecting tire shop probably wanted to carry these tires. Goodyear and Walmart probably came up with a tire formula that’s “Good enough” for the average Walmart shopper where it’s not “terrible-terrible,” should be profitable in volume, and will do for day-to-day driving. Sure, Viva 3’s will hold air and are mostly round but the discerning tire shopper who actually cares about tires should, after reading hundreds of poor reviews, stay far, far away from these Walmart specials.

In short, Viva 3’s are cheap for a reason and you should probably NOT buy these tires. Hankook, Kumho, Falken, Nitto, and even Nankang have slightly more expensive choices for the budget consumer but without the bad reviews. The Falken Ziex, Nankang CX668, and the Kumho Solus come to mind."

Taken from -
    https://tiremeetsroad.com/2018/11/26...eyre-so-cheap/

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Anyone run them on the mirage? The 175/65/14 is 37.00 usd

I recall a friend had them on his corolla and they seemed to do great in the snow but they were also brand new when I witnessed them.

Walmart said they cant install that size on the mirage lol but said they can sell them to me still.

My wifes car is at 42k miles and they are getting down there. Not too bad considering they were only rotated once maybe twice.
    Speaking for myself - If cheap tires are my goal, I would just stick with 165/65r14 Federal tires.

I wouldn't consider going to 175/65r14 tires, because I wanted a cheaper tire than the Federal tires. I would go with a 175/65r14 tire, because I could get a better quality tire for only $10-15 more per tire.

Some decent $50-60 tires exist in 175/65r14, because it's a common size for most companies that sell tires in the States. Just looking a Walmart & Discount Tire as a reference, some respectful tires start to appear in that price range. It's not uncommon to find these tires for under $60/tire, & that's still about half the price of a Dunlop Enasave.

Discount Tire presently has Cooper, Falken, and Kumho tires under $60/tire.
    Walmart has Cooper, Falken, Kumho, & Nexem for under $60/tire.

For few bucks more, the HANKOOK KINERGY ST H735 tires (70,000 mile warranty) appears @ both Discount Tire & Walmart, too.

The reason that I would consider a 175/65r14 tire is because decent mid-price tires are available.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Im putting the Barrums on our other Mirage, I like them so much. Great deep tread pattern.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

inuvik (02-02-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Im putting the Barrums on our other Mirage, I like them so much. Great deep tread pattern.
    If someone is considering 175/65r14 Douglas tires, the Barrum tires @ Discount Tire may be a better choice for the same price. We all have Dirk's endorsement, & Barrum seems to have good reputation. It's just not a brand we are familiar with in the States.

Here is another endorsement for the Barrum tires that Dirk is very happy with -

https://tiremeetsroad.com/2019/04/23...they-any-good/

Last edited by Mark; 02-01-2020 at 02:41 AM.