Thread: Fitment Industries?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts

Fitment Industries?

I was looking at some car stuff on youtube.com the other day, & an add from Fitment Industries came up. They add gave off the impression that their inventory is quite large.

A lot of 14" aftermarket rims seem to be 6" and wider. Aftermarket 5" wide tires almost don't seem to exist, and 5.5" wide tires aren't that common either. In most cases, Mirage owners seem happiest with tires in the 155 to 185 wide range. 4.5" wide factory steel rims surely works on tires in the 145-175 range. In general, tire shops would use these guidelines -

Rim = Low/Ideal/High
    4.5" = 145/155-165/175
    5" = 155/165-175/185
    5.5" = 165/175-185/195
    6" = 175/185-195/205
    6.5" = 185/195-205/215

I realize some people mount tires outside these recommended ranges, but they are still a good guideline to consider. I'm not really into aftermarket tires all that much, but I know some forum members are.

Fitment Industries offered 15 different 14" x 5.5" rim options that would work on a Mirage. Now a couple of those options are black steel rims, but 15 options isn't bad. Tirerack.com for example offers one 14" x 5.5" rim option.

If you combine 14" x 5.5" & 14" x 6" rims, 39 options come up for Fitment Industries. Tire Rack by comparison offers about 17 options.

I am not stating who carries the best wheels & prices. Those who are shopping for wheels can determine that. I just happened to notice a better 5.5" to 6" selection, & prices do appear to be competitive. Free shipping & mounting is expressed by them. I didn't explore or compare 15" wheel option.

Personally, I've thought 5" wide rims would be perfect for most Mirage tire applications, because narrower also mean less added weight. 5" aftermarket wheels don't really seem to be out there, however. Thus, 5.5" seems like a good place to start before shopping for something wider. If you really want a particular wheel, however, you may need to go with 6" or 6.5" wide rims.

https://www.fitmentindustries.com/

I am just sharing this as a resource for others to look at. I am not endorsing Fitment Industries. I never really heard of them before, but I'm not really into fancy wheels. Steel rims and hubcaps don't bother me.

This may be old news to some, but maybe helpful to others?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (01-30-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,541 Times in 1,474 Posts
    Looks like a good resource for aftermarket 14" wheels! This is the first I've heard of that place.

My only comment is that you can't filter the wheels by weight on their website...and many of their 14" wheels don't have a weight listed. So you may have to do some detective work to figure that out.

I looked up the 14x5.5 Drag wheels below on the Discount Tire website. The DR-33 weighs 13 lbs. The DR-34 weighs in at 17 lbs.

Name:  drag.jpg
Views: 827
Size:  70.4 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

18slcmirage (12-07-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,716 Times in 2,125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Looks like a good resource for aftermarket 14" wheels! This is the first I've heard of that place.

My only comment is that you can't filter the wheels by weight on their website...and many of their 14" wheels don't have a weight listed. So you may have to do some detective work to figure that out.

I looked up the 14x5.5 Drag wheels below on the Discount Tire website. The DR-33 weighs 13 lbs. The DR-34 weighs in at 17 lbs.

Name:  drag.jpg
Views: 827
Size:  70.4 KB
    I forgot to mention - When searching for a particular Mirage trim level, the ES Plus comes up. Makes me believe they may sell to/serve Canadian customers, too?

Like anything, I would surely shop around & investigate other vendors. I believe their choice of 165/65r14 tires were limited to the Dunlop and Bridgestone when I checked the other night. Buying mounted tires on new rims is somewhat hampered by TPMS anyways. It can be done. Just more of a hassle.