Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hyundai expands their warranty

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,689 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    What would you choose for a pickup?
    I don't really have the desire to own a pickup. I find using a trailer more practical for hauling equipment, & a SUV with decent towing capacity can pull that off. My dad & brother own full-size GM pickup trucks. They also share 3 different size trailers.

If money wasn't an issue, I would replace my 2011 Forester with a Toyota 4Runner. Presently, my 2011 Forester (purchased in 2013 with 15,000 miles) does what I need it to do, & it is 2.5X manual. I do prefer manuals, but I would take 4Runner if someone gave me one. I wouldn't refuse a Highlander either.

My 2017 Mirage just clicked past 33,000 miles this week. I've probably put less than 5,000 miles on my Forester since purchasing the Mirage, but there are times when I really need the Forester and it's paid for. My Forester presently has 93,000 miles on it, but it had a new short block replacement done @ 90,000 miles (compliments of Subaru). It should last me a long time.

If I was forced to buy a full size pickup, I would probably consider the Toyota Tundra or Ford F-series. I would prefer a smaller pickup, but I am not overly impressed with any of them at the moment. Once again, if someone gave me Tacoma, I wouldn't refuse it.

There really isn't anything on the market that I like better than what I have (Forester/Mirage combo). I have only bought manuals my entire life (will be turning 57 this month). It's nice not having vehicle payments, too!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,789 Times in 2,108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    There may be a reason for that?
    Probably high marks from Consumer Reports lol.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What do you guys think of the ioniq hybrid? I am not normally a hybrid fan but with the tax discounts and amazing city MPG it really shines.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirageman38 View Post
    What do you guys think of the ioniq hybrid? I am not normally a hybrid fan but with the tax discounts and amazing city MPG it really shines.
    I've seen a few on the r and 600miles of range would sure be nice. I'd drive one.
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 12:53 AM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    MSRP $23k I see it listed anywhere from $17-20k on cargurus for a better ballpark. Then $4,543 tax discount. puts it down to $12.5k-15.5k. Some employers throw up to an extra $5k in and it might even end up being significantly cheaper than a mirage. 59MPG highway with a 11.9 gal tank is 700 miles! Plus you get state and local discounts, hybrid/ev parking and commuter lanes, etc.

21-16MPG better is over 1/3 less fuel price. 15k per year is like $330 saved. 30k per year $660. etc. If you don't get the discounts and drive less than 15k it might not be worth it, but otherwise it saves about as much as stock market would gain on 8k. Also it comes with significantly bigger tires than a Mirage and the resale value seems much better. Android auto and carplay built in. 139 HP. Lane keeping. Collision Avoidance. Keyless by default. No CVT. Center armrest. Auto defogging. Daytime running lights. Win win win win win.
    Last edited by Mirageman38; 02-07-2020 at 09:28 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Not here, we only get federal ds or ev's is the cost to replace a battery.
    Last edited by Fummins; 02-14-2021 at 12:53 AM.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    We had 2 new 17' Mirages not turn over. They were both out of town and had to be towed, both had the same relays freeze up, on the same day. If one of them were my car I'd have a different outlook too I guess.

What kinda hyundai left you stranded? 02 Accent, 85 pony?

I'll give almost anything a try once. Except for bum darts and schnoodling kinda things. Wife has had kia's for years with no problems, they share the same drivetrain if I'm not mistaken?
    I got my Dad's, uh, I don't know the model but it was a small 2004 SUV thing, V6, with about 80Kms on it, Tuscon, maybe? This was in 2013 when Dad died, so it was only 9 years old. My Dad was good at keeping his cars maintained. This thing was so unpredictable. You could drive it a short hop to the mall, or a medium highway stretch, winter or summer, and when you shut it off it was a crap shoot if you tried to start it within the hour. If it failed to start you had to wait at least several, like 5+ hours. It never showed the problem if it was driven 200+ kilometers before being shut off.

Then it would start, guaranteed. This b*ll**** happened at least monthly if not more. I couldn't use it to take my toddler daughter anywhere so the car was just a boat anchor in our driveway.

My partner had a 4 cyl. 2010 Accent with 95kms in 2018 that had exactly the same behaivour. The frequency of the no-start was much less, perhaps twice a year, but it was the same as the 2004 when it happened. I read somewhere this was a known issue and there was no guaranteed fix.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Wallythacker For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-10-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,689 Times in 2,107 Posts

The Rise of Hyundai & Kia in America and What The Future Holds

The Rise of Hyundai & Kia in America and What The Future Holds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ajb8OdfduQ

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I love the Veloster Turbo. I really do. I'd own one without question. I also very much like the Elantra GT Sport with the 1.6 turbo. Lots of fun. I got the chance to drive a Kia Stinger this summer and it's a hell of a car.

Hyundai and Kia are actively trying to make great cars and I'd argue they're doing it. While I have not owned one yet, I certainly wouldn't hesitate to.