Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mirage off road edition, breaking news.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Awesome machine. Are they honestly more prone to tipping to a regular 4 wheeler? My friend said they're fine as long as you know what you're doing.

Built in Taiwan eh, just like your Mirage.
    I've driven both on extremely hilly trails. A 4-wheeler is more stable. You would have to stand up and lean your thighs on the handle bars of a three wheeler to climb some of the hills that I climb. It's proper technique anyways. I also find myself doing that on my 4-wheeler, but I have a smaller 1985 two wheel drive Honda TRX 250 Fourtrax. Even machines this small have unbelievable power and torque in the rear, & it doesn't take much for the front ends to come up.

These machines are also designed for soft soil not pavement. A three wheeler traveling at a speed on pavement would not be very safe. Especially with new tires like Pryme has. They have so much grip, he can hang his machine upside down from the ceiling in this garage. I must need new tires for my machines!!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Pryme (02-05-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I've driven both on extremely hilly trails. A 4-wheeler is more stable. You would have to stand up and lean your thighs on the handle bars of a three wheeler to climb some of the hills that I climb. It's proper technique anyways. I also find myself doing that on my 4-wheeler, but I have a smaller 1985 two wheel drive Honda TRX 250 Fourtrax. Even machines this small have unbelievable power and torque in the rear, & it doesn't take much for the front ends to come up.

These machines are also designed for soft soil not pavement. A three wheeler traveling at a speed on pavement would not be very safe. Especially with new tires like Pryme has. They have so much grip, he can hang his machine upside down from the ceiling in this garage. I must need new tires for my machines!!!!!
    Yup, crazy sticky, the tires are weaved with spider web string.

Ueah four wheelers are more stable than three wheelers but if you know how to use body English when on a trike they don't tip. Another issue ppl had is they would attempt to stick their foot down while turning like you would on a dirt bike and that's a huge no no on a trike as you will promptly run over your own foot. I made that mistake a couple times due to all my dirt bike time. Luckily it didnt get me good.
    If you think about it, everyone who bought a three wheeler probably had a dirt bike first because there was nothing else before them besides bikes

Just A Mirage!
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    It'd be like a modern day Bug. Small, light and not powerful, but with a body lift and big knobby tires it'll go anywhere you want and never get stuck.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage GT 1.2 automatic: 37.5 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 45.0 mpg (Imp)

Do they rub?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    Awesome machine. Are they honestly more prone to tipping to a regular 4 wheeler? My friend said they're fine as long as you know what you're doing.

Built in Taiwan eh, just like your Mirage.
    3 wheeled like big red are prone to tip. 3 wheeled like the bombardier spyder are almost impossible to flip. well, much harder. I shudder when I see a Goldwing Trike, with a trailer behind. One hard manuveur and bodies will be all over the road.
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Here she is now. These new tires are made in Thailand btw haha.

Attachment 17015
    How do you hang on when it goes up on the ceiling like that?
    Skills: Cage fighting, computer chatting, making sweet moula

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage 1.2 manual: 38.0 mpg (US) ... 16.1 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.6 mpg (Imp)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 01-7700 For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-06-2020),Mark (02-06-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 01-7700 View Post
    How do you hang on when it goes up on the ceiling like that?
    Bungie cords. I got red ones to match the machine