Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OEM Remote Start refuses to register remote

Country
    United States
    Thanks

OEM Remote Start refuses to register remote

I bought MZ360400EX from a reputable seller online and followed the (very horrible) instructions to install it... taking apart half the dashboard to do it. Got everything installed and good to go and the damn thing refuses to register the remote. I made sure that remote start was enabled on the ETACS and I can get through most of the programming steps until you have to press unlock on the car's remote three times. Do that and nothing happens... and that's as far as I got. Anyone else install this into their car? The ad for the remote start said it was compatible with the 2019 hatchback (and that's what I see online in various places) but I have a feeling it's really not since there's a different part number listed on Mitsubishi's accessory page (MZ360477EX) for the 2019. I'm guessing I just did all that work for nothing?

-Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I work at a Mitsubishi dealer.

We do not install OEM remote starts, we use a third party which works with the factory fobs. We have install time down to about 45 minutes on the Mirages.

Now, I can't be certain, but there MUST be a reason we refuse to install factory remote starts (and that reason might only be cost).

I know you have to be very careful of which harness and which adaptors you use, and that's across all of our companies brands. Two identical parts with one digit difference in the PN that might very well be wired exactly the same... one will work, one won't. We stock 3 types of ilink remote starters, and about a billion and a half harnesses.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to nickels For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (02-04-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah, sadly from what research I've done is that this kit I supposed to only be for the 2014 mirage. I guess it works on 15's maybe as well but there's a different system listed for the 2018 and up. What sucks is that even this older one shows compatibility on a lot of websites with my 2019. Stupid garbage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    They're sending me the newer part. The one I got only works with the 14 and 15. I'll update when that gets here and I install it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Okay, new remote starter is installed. Now I sadly have to go get screwed by dealer for $135 to program the remote to the car as it acts like a FAST key as well as the remote starter. Once it's programmed to the car, then it'll work. I was hoping to use my diagnostic tool (kind of like the one Fummins has) to program the key but you need some sort of password which I have no idea what it would be.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Okay, new remote starter is installed. Now I sadly have to go get screwed by dealer for $135 to program the remote to the car as it acts like a FAST key as well as the remote starter. Once it's programmed to the car, then it'll work. I was hoping to use my diagnostic tool (kind of like the one Fummins has) to program the key but you need some sort of password which I have no idea what it would be.
    Maybe one of our members that reside in a country where the Mirage is modded a lot (I’m thinking Thailand & The Phillipines) have run into this and have the magic password?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

What asks for a password? You’ve got an autel scantool?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Yeah I have an Autel MaxiPro 808. It's something that has to do with adding a FAST key. It wants some sort of security code thing that comes from Mitsubishi I guess?

I think it's some sort of thing so you can't just like... steal a car that has no keys. I've seen it before with Toyota's software as well but if you have a key you can add/delete other keys. The Mitsubishi apparently you need the password thing regardless if you have the factory keys or not.
    Last edited by Dodge Aries K; 02-11-2020 at 07:32 AM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Dodge Aries K For This Useful Post:

Fummins (02-11-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    At any rate, I have an appointment this Friday to Shell out $135 to the dealer to program the stupid thing. The service guy and the technician seemed to actually know what they were talking about and installed the system in other cars before. So hopefully Max Madsen has lots of snacks out for me because I will be indulging in them.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Totally forgot to update this. Remote start works great in the 19.

With the "new" 15 I have here I tried to install the old remote start into it to see if it would respond. It doesn't. Does the exact same thing it did on the later car. It must really only work on a 14 only.

Anyone somewhat local to me with an automatic 2014 Mirage want to give it a try and see if it works?