Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mirage heater is absolutely **** for Canadian Winters

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    We've just started getting our 2020's in. I'll run a few balogne checks on them, see if any of our inventory is arriving without AC. We only have ONE 5MT base on the lot at this time.

Actually, the delivery work order I printed for it tells me it is in fact AC equipped. 5MT, ES, steel wheels, no options at all, AC came as factory.
    I have the impression that auto climate control has become a standard feature on all North American Mirages. Thus, A/C is standard on all 2020 Mirages in Canada now, too.

A/C has always been standard in the U.S., but manual climate controls are on 2017-19 ES & 2019 RF/LE trim levels.

All 2014-15 & 2020 Mirage trim levels have auto climate controls as standard features in the States. My base level 2017 Mirage ES didn't come with backup camera, Bluetooth, cruise, 6-way adjustable driver's seat, & auto climate control as standard features. All those features are now standard or mandated in 2020. The SE & GT haven't changed since 2017.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    2019 in NJ and even with milder winters condensation issues are rampant. I have found the heat + AC button makes it go away. I can crank it as hot as I want (on vent) and as fast as possible and it does get very hot. I don't know a solution if you want it blowing right on you.

I have not tried any of the anti-fog products for windows sold on amazon but maybe they would help?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2019 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 38.8 mpg (US) ... 16.5 km/L ... 6.1 L/100 km ... 46.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm glad I found this thread. Over the weekend I plugged the output for the rear seat feet vents. In theory, with only the feet vents turned on, I now have double the amount of air hitting my feet. I live in Wisconsin and I wasn't able to use my feet warmerss + windshield defroster. But with mod done and driving it a couple days, I am able to keep my feet warm and properly defrost the windshield.

I have been thinking of buying an entry level 3D printer. I think I'm gonna jump onto this opportunity to make an attachment to restrict air flow to the feet vents at the rear seats. The install would be insanely easy. It only takes 2 screws to get to the air port that would need to be modified. Once I get the 3D printer I'll start a thread with my progress!
    Last edited by WI_Mirage; 01-19-2021 at 01:55 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to WI_Mirage For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (01-18-2021)

I'm too lazy to read back 2 pages but iirc the op did not have ac in his car which would make it a pita where he was in BC and Nova Scotia.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    I'm too lazy to read back 2 pages but iirc the op did not have ac in his car which would make it a pita where he was in BC and Nova Scotia.
    Ahh I see, yes that would make a big difference. I have AC in my mirage and I still have issues with feet + windshield heat w/ AC on. But, i have a 2015 mirage and most likely have a faulty heater block.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    As a side note; I looked up the ducts schematics for every Mirage and Mirage G4 from 2014 to 2020. They are all the same, so this attachment piece I make will fit every modern Mirage.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WI_Mirage View Post
    I'm glad I found this thread. Over the weekend I plugged the output for the rear seat feet vents. In theory, with only the feet vents turned on, I now have double the amount of air hitting my feet. I live in Wisconsin and I wasn't able to use my feet warmerss + windshield defroster. But with mod done and driving it a couple days, I am able to keep my feet warm and properly defrost the windshield.

I have been thinking of buying an entry level 3D printer. I think I'm gonna jump onto this opportunity to make an attachment to restrict air flow to the feet vents at the rear seats. The install would be insanely easy. It only takes 2 screws to get to the air port that would need to be modified. Once I get the 3D printer I'll start a thread with my progress!
    I think you're on to something! I would file your patent for it asap.

Since buying my Mirage in October of 2017, I've had a single passenger in the back one time.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

WI_Mirage (01-19-2021)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I think you're on to something! I would file your patent for it asap.

Since buying my Mirage in October of 2017, I've had a single passenger in the back one time.
    Patent, you say? I will have to read into that.

I don't even have the rear seats in my mirage LOL. I have so much trunk space now. I can take myself, a friend, and all our snowboarding gear without feeling crammed one bit.