Thread: New Mirage owner

Country
    Canada
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

New Mirage owner

Hi everybody my name is douglas and I'm 54 (this year) and tired of buying cars from auction and so I have a mirage now and........

OMG, I can't believe this car. I just bought one after hours of reading user reviews and watching youtube videos. I mean hours researching. A well informed purchase I'd say. What an incrediable litte car. Solid feel, not as noisy as who ever said. Its normal road noise to me. My last car was a mazda tribute with electrical issues (ghost in the machine I called it). I had a ford escape (good car till I started lending it to a 20 year old). Thats when all my problems started. Anyway I digress, I just bought a 2015 (purchased in 2016 by the owner before me) Mirage ES, 5 speed manual, (everything is manual including the door locks and hatch and temp controls) yous know what I mean. It has 61,512kms on it, its infared in color, I got Cerwin Vega speakers installed and Hankook I-pike winters on it. With balance of warranty 10 year, and 5 year and tire and rim protection including disability Ins and load Ins (for the loan and payments should I not be able to meet my obligations for some reason), plus I got a $1,209 discount and an additional $409 discount (finance guy went to school with my daughter), I paid $8,887.81 out the door. $185.73/mnth @ 72mnths. What a sweet deal. But back to the car, I love this car. I can't say enough about it. I am so glad I bought this car I can't stop making excuses to go out and drive it. One of the best small cars I have ever owned (except the 1989 5 speed VW Fox and 1986 VW golf hatch back). I want another one after this one. I'm hooked. I never realized Mitsubishi made such a solid, quality built car. I never gave them the chance up till now. I'm glad I did and will again.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to douglas4 For This Useful Post:

Cobrajet (02-07-2020),cookiemonster (02-06-2020),Marklovski (02-06-2020),MetroMPG (02-06-2020),Top_Fuel (02-06-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by douglas4 View Post
    Hi everybody my name is douglas and I'm 54 (this year) and tired of buying cars from auction and so I have a mirage now and........

OMG, I can't believe this car. I just bought one after hours of reading user reviews and watching youtube videos. I mean hours researching. A well informed purchase I'd say. What an incrediable litte car. Solid feel, not as noisy as who ever said. Its normal road noise to me. My last car was a mazda tribute with electrical issues (ghost in the machine I called it). I had a ford escape (good car till I started lending it to a 20 year old). Thats when all my problems started. Anyway I digress, I just bought a 2015 (purchased in 2016 by the owner before me) Mirage ES, 5 speed manual, (everything is manual including the door locks and hatch and temp controls) yous know what I mean. It has 61,512kms on it, its infared in color, I got Cerwin Vega speakers installed and Hankook I-pike winters on it. With balance of warranty 10 year, and 5 year and tire and rim protection including disability Ins and load Ins (for the loan and payments should I not be able to meet my obligations for some reason), plus I got a $1,209 discount and an additional $409 discount (finance guy went to school with my daughter), I paid $8,887.81 out the door. $185.73/mnth @ 72mnths. What a sweet deal. But back to the car, I love this car. I can't say enough about it. I am so glad I bought this car I can't stop making excuses to go out and drive it. One of the best small cars I have ever owned (except the 1989 5 speed VW Fox and 1986 VW golf hatch back). I want another one after this one. I'm hooked. I never realized Mitsubishi made such a solid, quality built car. I never gave them the chance up till now. I'm glad I did and will again.
    Thanks for sharing & welcome!

I have a 2014 and I feel the same way ... I still love operating this little car after 6 years (unlike the Mustang I had before it, believe it or not!)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts

What? CVT not good enough for you? Lol I kid. Probably 80% of the posters and gearheads on here got the 5speed. I guess I'm self conscious about my decision to get the CVT.

Welcome, Douglas!

What part of Ontario?

after hours of reading user reviews and watching youtube videos. I mean hours researching
    Hopefully our forum helped.

Solid feel, not as noisy as who ever said. Its normal road noise to me.
    It's all relative, right? Depends what you're used to. A Mirage feels like pampered luxury to me after the crapcans I usually drive!

Glad you're loving the car, and welcome aboard!

Darin

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts

Sounds like you are embracing everything the Mirage has to offer. Welcome to the forum!

Mark

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I let my mom drive my Mirage and she loves it. Many people can appreciate it for what it is.
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Welcome, Douglas! What part of Ontario?
    From Capreol, Ontario. 43km's north of Sudbury.