Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Will the highest mile/km CVT owner please stand up?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hi there. I just became a member. I have a 2014 Mirage with a CVT at 153,000 miles. It's still working well.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EEE11112 For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-22-2020),MetroMPG (03-24-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EEE11112 View Post
    Hi there. I just became a member. I have a 2014 Mirage with a CVT at 153,000 miles. It's still working well.
    153k? That's great. What have you done to keep it running well?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Well, every 30,000 miles the fluid has been flushed at the dealership. Also, I just go easy on it, especially if it's freezing cold outside. I'll accelerate gradually while it's cold until it gets up to operating temperature.
    I actually came here to ask a question about the CVT fluid level, because I'm going to do my own drain and refill.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    How often you do oil changes? Full synthetic? Any parts been replaced? Belt, battery, tires, brakes etc? You the original owner? Sorry for all the questions, but your in a unique position for data for older Mirages over 150k miles. Alot of folks might check this thread out in a few years.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I am the original owner. Since this was my first new car, I went a bit overboard with oil changes and had done them every 3,000 miles up to about 140,000 miles. Now I just do an oil change every 5,000 miles. Full synthetic, yes. The serpentine belt ended up being replaced around 85,000 miles because it was worn and squeaking. My battery just had to be replaced a few months ago. So, I got seven years out of that one. I've had probably 4 sets of tires, 3 sets of front brakes and one set of rear brakes replaced. Bear in mind that I live in a hilly place with curvy roads, so I'm sure somewhere else those could have lasted a lot longer. the only other part that had to be replaced was a rear brake cylinder, because it was rusted and leaking. Rust seems to be the largest issue, especially here where they use road salt in the winter on the roads. Definitely, I would recommend that any new owner get their car properly undercoated if they live in a place like this.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to EEE11112 For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-24-2020)

Welcome, EEE11112!

Thanks for the details about your car. Please make a garage page for it -- add car

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    I am the original owner. Since this was my first new car, I went a bit overboard with oil changes and had done them every 3,000 miles up to about 140,000 miles. Now I just do an oil change every 5,000 miles. Full synthetic, yes. The serpentine belt ended up being replaced around 85,000 miles because it was worn and squeaking. My battery just had to be replaced a few months ago. So, I got seven years out of that one. I've had probably 4 sets of tires, 3 sets of front brakes and one set of rear brakes replaced. Bear in mind that I live in a hilly place with curvy roads, so I'm sure somewhere else those could have lasted a lot longer. the only other part that had to be replaced was a rear brake cylinder, because it was rusted and leaking. Rust seems to be the largest issue, especially here where they use road salt in the winter on the roads. Definitely, I would recommend that any new owner get their car properly undercoated if they live in a place like this.
    This a solid strategy for getting to 200k miles with the CVT Mirages. We got a skilled Canadian mech on here who takes care of a whole fleet and I believe he is going to have a high % of his Mirages hit 200k miles on their original CVTs in the up coming months. I think out of his 40 Mirages, he's only had like 2 or 3 lemons.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Ome scary fact the Nissan Versa and Mitsubishi Mirage both utilize the JATCO CVT7. A brand new one from Nissan is $2200. Mitsubishi, $5000. Can some please explain this tp me? Theyre the exact same part!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Because Mitsubishi likes to rape you after the fact? That's what I think anyway... the markup on parts seems to be really high.

It might be because of supply. Think how many more Nissans use that transmission (and it's made by a Nissan subsidiary) so they probably buy a lot more of them meaning the price goes down.
    -Karl B. 2015 Mirage DE CVT Utility Machine (and lots of other cars)

Because Nissan fills their transmissions with oatmeal? Mitsubishi uses that reEEEally expensive lubricant.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 62.4 mpg (US) ... 26.5 km/L ... 3.8 L/100 km ... 74.9 mpg (Imp)