Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Will the highest mile/km CVT owner please stand up?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Ive called Mitsu corp, Nissan/Mitsu/Chevy service centers, Aamco, etc. and no one can even give me a hypothesis as to what the differences are between the units or why Mitsu charges 60% more? Its frustrating because the way Im racking up miles, Im going to need this info sooner than later. If I get a legit answer, Ill let the board know for sure.
    Even aftermarket parts seem a bit high for the Mirage. If I buy items for my Forester & Mirage at the same time, I will notice this. Using rockauto.com for example -

The cheapest cabin air filter they have at the moment -
    Mirage = $13.76
    Forester = $3.56

Cabin air filter for a Mirage is pretty small & flimsy, too!

The cheapest engine air filter at the moment -
    Mirage = $13.02
    Forester = $3.35

Not comparing apples to apples exactly, but the highest priced engine filters for a Forester are still under $10. Rockauto.com charges shipping, & I do shop elsewhere, too. I am just using them to compare prices here.

Last edited by Mark; 03-30-2020 at 09:48 PM.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Don’t be afraid of moving forward. The future is bright. God bless you. Here’s wishing you success in everything you do.
    Success comes only to those who believe in themselves and are prepared to win. Moving on to a new stage in life can be a challenging process. Without a doubt, you will continue to have success in all areas. May you do well and come out with flying colors.
    Try a little harder to be a little better. The future is bright and beautiful. Love it, strive for it and work for it. Be strong as you fight your way to success, the difficulty you face is nothing compared to the joy of success.

Stupid coronavirus
    Uh oh, somebody has been reading "Chicken Noodle Soup for the Soul" lol. Hows the raiding up there? Ive been on the trail 3 days tracking a cunning 12 pack of TP, Huggie Booty soft rolls. Its runnin' but I got its scent.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

LetItMarinate (04-24-2020),MetroMPG (03-31-2020)

Best thing I've read all day.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MetroMPG For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (03-31-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    That's interesting...here's what a CVT for a 2015 Chevy Spark costs...

Attachment 17569

So that's less than half of what Mitsubishi charges for one. I don't have a good explanation. Mitsubishi has a limited parts network in the US and they are known in the repair industry for high parts prices.

Let me give you another example. I have a '99 Mitsubishi Eclipse. The engine/transmission in that car was built by Chrysler and was used in some Chrysler vehicles. If I need an engine part (sensor, etc.), I will figure out the Chrysler part number and then buy the part at a Chrysler dealer. Why? Because that identical part at a Mitsubishi dealer is usually close to twice the cost. Often the part is in Chrysler packaging with a Mitsubishi label stuck on it.

But like Fummins mentioned...between the bellhousing and possible electronics differences, the same CVT model from a completely different vehicle may not be a simple bolt-in.
    GM is like Walmart. When they tower over a supplier they demand loss leader prices or they'll go elsewhere, and what does that say to the rest of the industry if GM shuns your product?
    Zero, 2014 ES Plus 5MT, written off but not forgotten.
    Zero II, 2014 SE, 5MT, climate She's HOME now!
    Shelby AKA "Cute", 2017 ES 5MT, A/C.

Mirage owners look at the world differently than everyone else, but in a better way
    We're driving the Beetle of the 21st century, the greatest small car now available!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES PLus 1.2 manual: 39.0 mpg (US) ... 16.6 km/L ... 6.0 L/100 km ... 46.8 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Don’t be afraid of moving forward. The future is bright. God bless you. Here’s wishing you success in everything you do.
    Success comes only to those who believe in themselves and are prepared to win. Moving on to a new stage in life can be a challenging process. Without a doubt, you will continue to have success in all areas. May you do well and come out with flying colors.
    Try a little harder to be a little better. The future is bright and beautiful. Love it, strive for it and work for it. Be strong as you fight your way to success, the difficulty you face is nothing compared to the joy of success.

Stupid coronavirus
    I agree, best thing I've read. Past history led me to take this as sarcasm. Then I just dropped my suspicion and appreciated the message at face value rather than try to read anything into it.

So thanks for this.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallythacker View Post
    what does that say to the rest of the industry if GM shuns your product?
    It may say the part is to good for a GM product!

GM claims they are the "Mark of Excellence", but I have my doubts!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark For This Useful Post:

Fummins (03-31-2020)