Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which spark plugs to put in, a place to order online

Country
    Israel
    Thanks

Which spark plugs to put in, a place to order online

Hi everyone,
    From what i saw in the owner's manual the spark plugs that fit the mirage are NGK DILFR6A11,
    I would like to know if there are other spark plugs that fit, by Denso, or NGK or another recommended manufacturer.

And also if anyone could recommend a place online to order that ships to Israel because here it they cost 100 shekels (about 30$) each one. The service manual says to replace them every 100k km (62.5k miles) so it's not very often but still i would like to pay less than the ripoff the sell here.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    I replaced mine at about 95,000 miles (153,000 km) and they did not need it. But US Mirages come with iridium plugs from the factory, which have a 105,000 mile service interval. I believe I used the Denso IKH16TT. Works just fine. I wouldn't worry too much about replacing them, but you can go with the Densos.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    You could also check these:

DENSO IKH16TT (or older FK20HR11)

NGK LFR 6AIX

Plugs usually last about 50% longer than 100 000km, but when they do wear out the iridium pills can come off and that becomes a problem. Therefore I change them when recommended.
    In €uro they cost from €9.- upwards plus freight.
    I would look in the usual places online.
    Last edited by foama; 02-07-2020 at 07:23 AM.

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    I replaced mine at about 95,000 miles (153,000 km) and they did not need it. But US Mirages come with iridium plugs from the factory, which have a 105,000 mile service interval. I believe I used the Denso IKH16TT. Works just fine. I wouldn't worry too much about replacing them, but you can go with the Densos.
    Here they come with iridium too. The Denso you used are iridium?

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post

NGK LFR 6AIX

Plugs usually last about 50% longer than 100 000km, but when they do wear out the iridium pills can come off and that becomes a problem. Therefore I change them when recommended.
    What do you mean "the usual places online"? ebay? amazon? I don't have any experience in ordering car maintenance parts online

Country
    Israel
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post

NGK LFR 6AIX

Btw, in the german/european manual what does it say about how often to replace spark plugs? every 100000 km or more?

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    To answer the past three posts,

1: Yes, only Iridium. Applies to both NGK and Denso.

2: Usual places online include for example Yeepay, Amazon, Car parts online, Your Favourite Online CarPartsPlace. in IL, etc., etc.
    I don't live in Israel any more, so I can't say what is en vogue there today.

3: European manual says 100 000km
    Last edited by foama; 02-07-2020 at 09:15 AM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

yujinius (02-07-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yujinius View Post
    Yes. If you are already using iridium, then I would say changing them at 62,500 miles is premature no matter what the manual says. The owner's manual you are looking at may have been written for many different markets, some of which require a shorter interval. It could also be a somewhat generic service schedule that is meant for many models.

Iridium plugs last WAY longer than that. As I said, mine looked fine at 150% of that mileage.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

yujinius (02-07-2020)

What they said, I usually change plugs around 160k km/100k miles. I use the same ngk plugs that it came with new. Iridium plugs will be far more expensive than regular copper ones but they last a long time, why buy cheap ones unless you're getting rid of the car soon.
    As far as ordering online over there, I can't help you there, try the googles.
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yujinius View Post
    I will use the Denso or NGK Iridium plugs when the time comes. Given what I have read about Iridium plugs, I will wait until 100,000 miles before changing them.

If they are that expensive or hard to get for you, I would pull a plug & see how it looks? You could have your replacement plugs purchased & on hand, but I wouldn't replace them any earlier than necessary.

I hope someone closer to home can help you find a better bargain on them. I wouldn't expect to paid more than $30 total for all three plugs here in the States.