Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Mirage walkaround video - Montreal auto show '20

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I'm very curious to see it in person. Initially I really liked it, but I'm not sure the new snout, which looks longer and pointier, fits with the more rounded shape. But again, I'll reserve judgement until I can see one in person. I definitely love that color. I also wonder if they'll do away with a 14-inch wheel/tire combo and only offer 15s?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Subcompact Culture For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (02-14-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    I'm very curious to see it in person. Initially I really liked it, but I'm not sure the new snout, which looks longer and pointier, fits with the more rounded shape. But again, I'll reserve judgement until I can see one in person. I definitely love that color. I also wonder if they'll do away with a 14-inch wheel/tire combo and only offer 15s?
    Yea eh. You gotta see it in person to really judge. I've seen the new RVR (a.k.a. Outlander Sport) in real life, and it looks bulky and square from the front now, and the side looks identical to a 2009. Looks like an afterthought.

Or actually what Mitsubishi is doing, plopping new grills and bumpers on their ageing model line. Like as a cheap way of refreshing models that haven't actually changed in 10 years. The RVR/Outlander sport is still a lot of Dodge Caliber underneath.

I don't mean to sound negative, it's just personally I like simplistic looks... so my 2014 Mirage looks better.. to me.

It's got almost no chrome, and the "blacked-out" parts like my door handles etc... make my Mirage look sportier.
    Less chintzy.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I don't mean to sound negative, it's just personally I like simplistic looks... so my 2014 Mirage looks better.. to me.

It's got almost no chrome, and the "blacked-out" parts like my door handles etc... make my Mirage look sportier.
    Less chintzy.
    Yup. I agree, except I'd prefer body color to black, mostly. I like the black between the windows (B-pillar). Less out-of-place than chrome, for sure.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magenta View Post
    Yup. I agree, except I'd prefer body color to black, mostly. I like the black between the windows (B-pillar). Less out-of-place than chrome, for sure.
    The front that I would like the most would be a combination of the first two models. I like the top half (above the front bumper) of the 2017-20 models and the bottom half of the 2014-15 models. The new upcoming front would be my least favorite, but none of these fronts are deal breakers to me. The new front just matches everything they already offer better. It's not all that creative or new.

I am just thankful that the upcoming Mirage is still a Mirage. In my opinion, the car hasn't changed. If the Mirage had become another small 120 hp CUV, I would have been disappointed. Not saying Mitsubishi shouldn't be making something to compete against something like a KIA Soul. Just create a new model to do so!

Now that I have owned a Mirage for a few years, I would purchase the best deal. I could care less what front it has. It's just a cheap economy car, which I like by the way!

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Disc rear brakes?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigdeezy View Post
    Disc rear brakes?
    It's hard to make out from the video but it looks to be still drums on the rear unless someone is seeing something I'm not.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    It's hard to make out from the video but it looks to be still drums on the rear unless someone is seeing something I'm not.
    I went back and forth myself... got kinda excited at the idea of disc on the rear. I like the new style, 2020 O Sportish.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I think they're intentionally not showing the rear tires up close. I don't know if they upgraded the Mirage to 4 wheel disc brakes. They might be using the interviewer babbling on in french about the Mirage. Like as a decoy to hide cheaping out.

The guy talking in the video..he is literally standing in front of the rear drums the whole time, then the video goes into the interior shots with the nav screen etc.. new interior fabrics.

Maybe it doesn't matter whether the Mirage has disc disc, or disc-drum brake setup. 4 wheel drums if it works better somehow. Not everyone has a 3 petal Mirage, but I use the clutch to slow down all the time. My drums are 2014 originals, and my discs are once changed.
    Last edited by dspace9; 02-15-2020 at 06:04 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dspace9 View Post
    I think they're intentionally not showing the rear tires up close. I don't know if they upgraded the Mirage to 4 wheel disc brakes. They might be using the interviewer babbling on in french about the Mirage. Like as a decoy to hide cheaping out.

The guy talking in the video..he is literally standing in front of the rear drums the whole time, then the video goes into the interior shots with the nav screen etc.. new interior fabrics.
    That's hilarious. Do you really think it was intentional?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    I replaced my rear brake shoes once at 50k miles and that's it for me. Extremely expensive. Considering the front disks do 80% of the heavy lifting, I'm just replacing those every 40k miles and that's it.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

dspace9 (02-15-2020)