Hello everyone,

I'm posting here because I suspect that my CVT has a failing bearing somewhere. My 2018 ES has just over 32,000 miles on it and is still covered under the manufacturer's warranty. (60k warranty since I got it used at 15,000 miles) Everything is working perfectly normal on my Mirage, but I have recently noticed a faint squeaking noise when I am accelerating. The noise goes away if I give it a lot of gas or let off entirely. It is also only audible in drive and reverse. I can not hear anything in Ds mode, but that could be due to the car being at obnoxiously loud, high RPMs. Does anybody know if this is a common issue or totally normal sound with the Jatco transmission they put into the 2018 model year? I know how expensive CVTs can be to replace, and I definitely didn't purchase a Mirage to own a money pit. I love this little thing so far, and I only want what is best for it.

All this being said, what would my best course of action be to preserve the longevity of my car? Assuming I did return to the dealership for inspection, what repairs would a faulty CVT bearing entail? Again, I am supposed to be under warranty until 60k miles.

I do apologize for my first post being a maintenance question, but I really need sound advice from those with Mirage experience.

Thank you.