Thread: 2013 space star 1.2 - idle drop issue

Country
    Philippines
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

2013 space star 1.2 - idle drop issue

Greetings from the Philippines!!

would like to seek for your help. my idle drops whenever i step on the brakes (usually when traffic or going downhill). this occurs not all of the time. i have seen in google some posts that the reason is the brake booster, something with air intake (vacuum) or the fuel filter that needs replacement. any ideas to fix the said issue would be a big help btw.. i have already changed the sparkplugs, cleaned the MAF sensor and had the throttle body cleaned too..

details of my car as follows:
    1. 2013 Space Star 1.2
    2. Currently at 132,+++ kms
    3. only part changed was the clutch assembly due to wear and tear
    4. the rest are as is stock

thank you!

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    The brake booster is that big black round thing behind the brake fluid reservoir.
    The vacuum from the intake manifold evacuates air via a one-way valve, air coming from the booster towards intake manifold. The resulting vacuum in the booster pushes on the membrane for assisting braking by reducing necessary pedal pressure. When you push the brake pedal you let some air into the booster which results in air going to the manifold and assistance (reduction) of needed braking pressure by your foot.

You could check if the one-way valve is leaking vacuum. The next logical check would be if the booster is leaking.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ADAM_SAGCAL View Post
    my idle drops whenever i step on the brakes (usually when traffic or going downhill). this occurs not all of the time. i have seen in google some posts that the reason is the brake booster, something with air intake (vacuum) or the fuel filter that needs replacement. any ideas to fix the said issue would be a big help btw.. i have already changed the sparkplugs, cleaned the MAF sensor and had the throttle body cleaned too.
    Hello ADAM_SAGCAL and welcome to the forum.

Quick question: was the air filter replaced?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Hi thanks for the input, will be visiting the dealership mechanic as they were the ones who currently fixes every issue with my unit.. btw.. have some follow up questions if you won't mind

1. have this occured on your unit (not only for space star)
    2. suppose the vacuum is leaking could this be a part that can be replaced
    3. in philippines we call space star MIRAGE, currently i am into euro themed cars. you happen to know where i can buy rear fog lights (left side since ours is left hand drive)?

again apologies if do have many questions. i just want to be more specific since i do have to explain this with the dealership mechanic. again thanks for the time appreciate it!

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    will definitely look into it i think it was also replaced last month. another thing aside this concern is the rattle sound coming from the air filter case as it vibrates together with the engine.. looking into other units and owners i think this is a common problem with space star usually when the car ages (i had mine since 2013)

appreciate your help and input thank you!

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by foama View Post
    The brake booster is that big black round thing behind the brake fluid reservoir.
    The vacuum from the intake manifold evacuates air via a one-way valve, air coming from the booster towards intake manifold. The resulting vacuum in the booster pushes on the membrane for assisting braking by reducing necessary pedal pressure. When you push the brake pedal you let some air into the booster which results in air going to the manifold and assistance (reduction) of needed braking pressure by your foot.

You could check if the one-way valve is leaking vacuum. The next logical check would be if the booster is leaking.

Hi thanks for the input, will be visiting the dealership mechanic as they were the ones who currently fixes every issue with my unit.. btw.. have some follow up questions if you won't mind

1. have this occured on your unit (not only for space star)
    2. suppose the vacuum is leaking could this be a part that can be replaced
    3. in philippines we call space star MIRAGE, currently i am into euro themed cars. you happen to know where i can buy rear fog lights (left side since ours is left hand drive)?

again apologies if do have many questions. i just want to be more specific since i do have to explain this with the dealership mechanic. again thanks for the time appreciate it!

Country
    Philippines
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Hello ADAM_SAGCAL and welcome to the forum.

Quick question: was the air filter replaced?
    will definitely look into it i think it was also replaced last month. another thing aside this concern is the rattle sound coming from the air filter case as it vibrates together with the engine.. looking into other units and owners i think this is a common problem with space star usually when the car ages (i had mine since 2013)

appreciate your help and input thank you!

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Don't remember the vacuum/idle issue being a subject of a thread in this forum. Things like that can happen, are annoying but not really serious.

The issue of air filter rattle has been a subject for a few folks in this forum, use the search button and you will find...