Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Help! Locked out of car while engine was warming up?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,786 Times in 2,105 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    It's funny to think the Jeeps made back then are more reliable than the ones they make today lol.
    Now that's a big claim. They are different vehicles. I'm curious Dirk, have you ever driven a WWII-era Jeep?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    Now that's a big claim. They are different vehicles. I'm curious Dirk, have you ever driven a WWII-era Jeep?
    Not a claim, but a joke because Fiat owns Jeep now. I've never owned a Jeep but have had a Wrangler and 2 Grand Cheerokees in my family over the years. All 3 were money pits honestly.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Eggman (02-17-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    7 Tools that helped America win WWII - the Jeep is on the same list as the atomic bomb.

https://www.wearethemighty.com/artic...erica-win-wwii

Every branch of the U.S. military used Jeeps, and so did Allied forces in Australia, Canada, Britain and New Zealand. They were used primarily to transport officials such as commanders and generals. However, they were also used to transport the sick from the battlefield, to lay communication lines, and transporting needed supplies. They were even used to tow other vehicles, and with the right adaptations, they could ride on railway tracks.

Jeeps were able to handle any terrain, including muddy and rocky terrain, so they were dependable in any situation. They were both powerful and dependable, ensuring that they could rise to the occasion in even the most challenging battle situations.

The Willys-Overland MB Jeep saw heavy action in the war. It provided the military with unprecedented versatility and is even credited with modernizing war. President Eisenhower would go on to say that "America could not have won World War II without it.”

Eggman is correct, today's Jeeps are different vehicles.

Sidenote: A 60 hp Jeep was considered powerful. Times have changed!
    Last edited by Mark; 02-18-2020 at 03:18 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,158 Times in 670 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Not a claim, but a joke because Fiat owns Jeep now.

Maybe the FIAT models sold in America are so, but:

For decades, the smallest FIAT models have always been built very differently with impoverished owners from southern Italy in mind!

For example, the small Seicento, Cinquecento, and in latter years the Panda and the Punto can be taken apart easily with just a handful of tools. Spare parts are cheap, maintenance is easy, and these cars typically last very long. Take a trip to Italy and you shall see 50 year old small FIAT on the road, an everyday sight.

The larger FIAT models marketed for the well-off are a totally different story...

Last edited by foama; 02-18-2020 at 11:04 AM.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to foama For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (02-18-2020),MetroMPG (02-18-2020)