Thread: Strange sqeaky/chirpy noise on idle

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Strange sqeaky/chirpy noise on idle

Hey guys! I was wondering if you'd be able to identify this noise, now keep in mind I have a different intake and exhaust. https://photos.app.goo.gl/Rtd1izLGoAH6n3PLA
    Now yesterday everything sounded pretty normal, but today it's a bit quieter and doesn't have the loud resonance-y noise around 3750rpm instead it sounds a bit more stock, I mean it is a bit warmer outside and im sick but what is that odd squeaky/chirpy sound?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 37.4 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Mine has that squeaky sound at idle once in a while. Its even were at Cold startup when taking off in first. Seems like it's the flex pipe or equivalent piece that connects the cat and rest of exhaust in mine.
    '17 Mitsubishi Mirage 1.2L ES Plus 5MT
    '94 Ford Ranger 5.0 Turbo 3 Speed

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thank you, I saw someone's else post and I think it's also the flex pipe, I think I might try to refurbish the part sometime when it gets warmer out

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2017 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 37.4 mpg (US) ... 15.9 km/L ... 6.3 L/100 km ... 44.9 mpg (Imp)

Not sure if it's the same, but Tim identified the problem of a sqeak/chirp on his:

https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...idle-2014-2015

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    That's what I figured the problem was. My solution idea was to replace that joint with a flange type setup and a flex pipe. Or just replace the while manifold/cat setup with a turbocharger. Depends how badly I want to keep my warranty though.

'17 Mitsubishi Mirage 1.2L ES Plus 5MT
    '94 Ford Ranger 5.0 Turbo 3 Speed