Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just bought a 2015 Mirage with only 9500 miles

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Have you tried doing a recharge on the Freon? When you got the AC button do you here or feel the cycle kick on?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Have you tried doing a recharge on the Freon? When you got the AC button do you here or feel the cycle kick on?
    I've only turned the temp control down to the 60's and get nothing but piping hot air. Next chance I get I'll check under the hood and see if it's kicking on. If that appears to be working then I'll try some AC Pro and go from there. Like I said it worked 2 weeks ago when I test drove the car. We had a nice day a couple days ago and tried to cool the car a little bit and discovered this issue. It's still a little cool outside so it isn't a big deal right now, but spring and summer will be here before we know it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Forcelov View Post
    Just picked up a 2015 Mirage DE CVT from a private seller for $6000 with only 9500 miles. Clean title and car fax, it was a lease from the original owner before they had an accident resulting in replacement of a fender and headlight(according to the person who works at the body shop I bought it from). After purchase went to get an alignment done and they noticed the control arm seemed a little off and also recommended replacement of the strut. Also, the A/C worked when I test drove the car but I just checked it yesterday and I get nothing but hot air.

So far everything feels fine on the car and it still has time left on the bumper to bumper, power train, corrosion, emissions and roadside warranties. Its going to the dealer this week to take care of a recall, but this car sat for at least a year or more because the mechanic who bought it at auction didn't get around to fixing it quickly and had trouble selling it because nobody wanted a plasma purple car.

I've been reading through all the great information on this forum and am really hoping this car works out for me. Any recommendations as to what I should be looking out for on this car? I assume the dealer will be able to tell right away if it was in an accident even with the original strut in place, right?
    Congrats! 9,500 is among the lowest when it comes to used cars. I just bought mine new last summer and I'm already at 10,200!
    Last edited by highwire; 02-19-2020 at 11:34 PM. Reason: added "new"

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forcelov View Post
    I've only turned the temp control down to the 60's and get nothing but piping hot air.
    Not to sound like a jerk, but did you push the AC button? Turning the temp down all the way should automatically engage the AC compressor (it does on my '15), but have you pushed the button manually?

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Not to sound like a jerk, but did you push the AC button? Turning the temp down all the way should automatically engage the AC compressor (it does on my '15), but have you pushed the button manually?
    This. It's unbelievable to me a Mitsubishi product have a compressor go out at 9500 miles. Mitsubishi heavy industries has decades experience with AC units, it's not hard to believe they would share that with their Motor Division, even if Nissan owns a large % of them.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    This. It's unbelievable to me a Mitsubishi product have a compressor go out at 9500 miles. Mitsubishi heavy industries has decades experience with AC units, it's not hard to believe they would share that with their Motor Division, even if Nissan owns a large % of them.
    That's an interesting point. How much of the Mirage is made by Mitsubishi? For example the Bluetooth interface for the base radio was by JCI and (I think) the ETACS is Bosch? CVT by Jatco? Tires by Dunlop?

What makes you think the compressor is by Mitsubishi?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggman View Post
    That's an interesting point. How much of the Mirage is made by Mitsubishi? For example the Bluetooth interface for the base radio was by JCI and (I think) the ETACS is Bosch? CVT by Jatco? Tires by Dunlop?

What makes you think the compressor is by Mitsubishi?
    Just for the very reason I stated above. Also Mitsu has a significant % of JATCO as well.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Just for the very reason I stated above. Also Mitsu has a significant % of JATCO as well.
    I guess I don't follow that logic. I would be surprised if it's by Mitsubishi Electric.

I haven't had to do anything to my A/C compressor, so I haven't looked to see who made it.
    Last edited by Eggman; 02-20-2020 at 12:53 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

It isn't. But it is mfg in Thailand. Any guesses who makes it?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    It isn't. But it is mfg in Thailand. Any guesses who makes it?
    Jatco?
    Nissan?
    Renault?