Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Valeo!

Did you also try saying "s'il vous plait?"

That'll be the after the ac pro.

I'm hoping this thing wasn't completely totaled before I got it. Had the plate lamp changed and the guy said it was bent so he had to straighten it out before changing the bulb, washer fluid won't come out from the rear(even when I try to use rear fluid only it still comes out from the front), and the automatic shifting in the lower gears and when coming to a stop doesn't seem too smooth. Once coming to a stop there seems to be a slight jerk(is that normal for the cvt in this car?)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,557 Times in 1,118 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Forcelov View Post

I'm hoping this thing wasn't completely totaled before I got it. Had the plate lamp changed and the guy said it was bent so he had to straighten it out before changing the bulb, washer fluid won't come out from the rear(even when I try to use rear fluid only it still comes out from the front), and the automatic shifting in the lower gears and when coming to a stop doesn't seem too smooth. Once coming to a stop there seems to be a slight jerk(is that normal for the cvt in this car?)
    Yes on the CVT. The TSB reprogram should eliminate that.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

3. The Following User Says Thank You to inuvik For This Useful Post:

Forcelov (02-20-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,532 Times in 1,467 Posts
    ...Next step is to pick the ac pro and try to charge it.
    Ohhh...

Be careful. AC Pro is a last-resort fix. Consider spending a few dollars on a proper AC diagnosis before you unleash a can of that stuff into your AC system. Let someone hook up the proper gauges to your system and perform an educated diagnosis.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Ac in a can is hit or miss. I used it to recharge on of the work cars, it worked better than it was but not as good as the previous car that was properly evacuated and charged properly. I've had a bunch that had the rubber hose in front of the compressor bent back and rubbed on the pulley, also had a few that had a pinhole in the condenser. One was so hard to see I ended up jerry rigging an air fitting to it and sprayed it with soapy water to be sure that was the problem, but those condensers say way more miles of rocks being chucked at them that what I'd consider normal.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Ohhh...

Be careful. AC Pro is a last-resort fix. Consider spending a few dollars on a proper AC diagnosis before you unleash a can of that stuff into your AC system. Let someone hook up the proper gauges to your system and perform an educated diagnosis.

Amen. Those guages are cheap and notoriously inaccurate, can lead to overcharge and expensive damage.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts

Mine does that occasionally too, not a big deal. The CVT7 is anything if refined lol.