Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Just bought a 2015 Mirage with only 9500 miles

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Just bought a 2015 Mirage with only 9500 miles

Just picked up a 2015 Mirage DE CVT from a private seller for $6000 with only 9500 miles. Clean title and car fax, it was a lease from the original owner before they had an accident resulting in replacement of a fender and headlight(according to the person who works at the body shop I bought it from). After purchase went to get an alignment done and they noticed the control arm seemed a little off and also recommended replacement of the strut. Also, the A/C worked when I test drove the car but I just checked it yesterday and I get nothing but hot air.

So far everything feels fine on the car and it still has time left on the bumper to bumper, power train, corrosion, emissions and roadside warranties. Its going to the dealer this week to take care of a recall, but this car sat for at least a year or more because the mechanic who bought it at auction didn't get around to fixing it quickly and had trouble selling it because nobody wanted a plasma purple car.

I've been reading through all the great information on this forum and am really hoping this car works out for me. Any recommendations as to what I should be looking out for on this car? I assume the dealer will be able to tell right away if it was in an accident even with the original strut in place, right?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Forcelov For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-18-2020)

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the car!

That's a great price for basically a new-ish car (and still under warranty!), even if it needs a few things looked after.

(PS: hope you don't mind I moved your post to its own thread.)

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    That's fine. I got scared for a second. Couldn't find it and didn't want to type all that again.

Ha - whoops! Sorry for the fright.

Question for you: on your carfax, does it give you a dollar value for the collision repair?

If so, that would give you some indication of how serious it was. I had that info on a CarProof report for a used Civic I once bought. Repair was around $1800 or so - basically the cost of a headlight and a front bumper cover.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Does the car still have 4 original tires on it (Dunlop Enasave 165-65-14s)? How do they look?

Did the car pass a 4-wheel alignment check?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

That didn't take long lmfao!
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MetroMPG View Post
    Ha - whoops! Sorry for the fright.

Question for you: on your carfax, does it give you a dollar value for the collision repair?

If so, that would give you some indication of how serious it was. I had that info on a CarProof report for a used Civic I once bought. Repair was around $1800 or so - basically the cost of a headlight and a front bumper cover.
    It was never reported to insurance. They must've been riding around without insurance, had an accident and stopped paying the lease on it.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    Does the car still have 4 original tires on it (Dunlop Enasave 165-65-14s)? How do they look?

Did the car pass a 4-wheel alignment check?
    They put 2 new front tires(vee rubbers). Ill have to double check the rear. The alignment shows the passenger side tire about a half inch closer to the tire well than the driver side.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    That didn't take long lmfao!
    You talking to me?

Quote Originally Posted by Forcelov View Post
    The alignment shows the passenger side tire about a half inch closer to the tire well than the driver side.
    I'm not sure what you mean. Do you have a printout from an alignment machine you can post...showing the current alignment specs of all 4 wheels?
    Last edited by Top_Fuel; 02-18-2020 at 06:51 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

Quote Originally Posted by Top_Fuel View Post
    You talking to me?
    Who me?

Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Fummins For This Useful Post:

Top_Fuel (02-19-2020)