Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I hate how good the new RVR looks...

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by inuvik View Post
    The OS/RVR/ASX has a hydraulic clutch so it does take a little effort but it’s pretty light. What is super twitchy is the throttle response. I’ve driven manual transmissions all my life but the throttle response is so sensitive it would not be a good vehicle to learn how to drive a stick. It is hands down the best shifting manual I’ve ever driven but with the 2.0 4B11 you have to drive it assertively. The engine and transmission are identical to the 5 speed 2.0 Lancer. It is literally the Lancer’s engine and transmission dropped into the OS. Fun to drive like a compact sedan, not so fun if you want to drive it like a truck. The 2.0 is a “square” engine (bore and the stroke are the same). It’s so well balanced that there isn’t a counterbalance on this engine. But there is zero torque down low and doesn’t really come alive until 3000 rpm and once MIVEC kicks in it will just jump to 5000+ in a heartbeat.
    Great info, Inuvik. I need to go test drive one. By the way, I thought MIVEC is a continual thing that doesn't kick into another cam profile like VTEC or VVTL-i. Instead, it's a continuous valve timing deal only on the intake side? Or is this just for our little Mirages?

PS: I'll be in Inuvik in about a week!

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    God do I ever miss my RVR, HUGE Mistake getting rid of it!! I owned a 2011 5 speed MT, I drove the hell out of the thing and put a couple hundred thousand KMs on her for the short time she was mine.
    My young dumb a** was hell bent on getting a truck.
    Sold my RVR at a huge lose for a Colorado that worked mint for 6 months, the Electrical Glitch Gremlin found his way in and the truck hasn't moved since.
    Was planning on buying a brand new RVR after that whole ordeal, but the bank wasnt having any of it.
    I love my Mirage but the new RVR has such beautiful lines every time I see one in the wild it catches me off guard just how good it looks, real sad to see the MT option gone, I sure hope they bring it back. Europe gets all the good MTS even the Ford Ecosport, the lil 3 cylinder crossover they have, I love the look but without a MT option here its just not even in the running.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    What is a RVR?????

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Right?

So many letter soup names, why not something memorable, MDX, ATS, RVR, like add a few letters.

Midox, Atlas, Raver...

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    What is a RVR?????
    The RVR is the Outlander Sport in America. Here in Canada its called an RVR which stands for "Recreation Vehicle Runner" FAAARR from a catchy name, so the abbreviation is welcomed in my eyes haha
    In Japan its called an ASX I believe. I wonder Mitsubishi felt the need to change the names for different markets?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LilBlueNugget For This Useful Post:

Pryme (02-19-2020)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Name:  IMG_20180424_204729.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  89.8 KBName:  DSC_0211.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  97.6 KB

Thought I would share a couple old photos of my RVR
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I have a 2019 Outlander Sport with a manual. Love that thing. It enjoys hauling doggos around.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Sooo, it just looks like a cross between a hatchback Mirage and an Equinox.

OK, I better get out of this SUV thread before I offend anyone, lol.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MacClyver View Post
    Sooo, it just looks like a cross between a hatchback Mirage and an Equinox.

OK, I better get out of this SUV thread before I offend anyone, lol.
    If I could go back in time I would, just to be able to tow a trailer a bit easier.

And yeah, it's a CUV. But... a damned nice looking one. No manual option kills it for me though.

Soon I wont have any new vehicle options left with a clutch!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Heeey, a RVR/ASX/OS thread! Got a 2011. About 95,xxx miles on it. Just did the brake pads + rotors, trans fluid flush. Still rides really well after 9 years (owned it since 2015). I can't believe the car will be 10 years old next year. I feel like these have better options compared to it's other competitors though but thats just me. Mine has heated seats too! Super nice during -10°F days lol, did the CRV or RAV4 have them in 2011? I dont think so... lol.

Anyways, the new RVR/OS looks good. I would get another one for myself but the 2011 is still a super solid ride. It was the FIRST CVT car I've ever driven lol Anyways, I got a new lens for my camera and took some shots of it this past weekend

Name:  os11-1.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  53.7 KB
    Name:  os11-2.jpg
Views: 399
Size:  50.5 KB

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 43.4 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 2of9 For This Useful Post:

inuvik (02-19-2020)