Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I hate how good the new RVR looks...

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    ^^^^^^^^^

That's my FAVORITE color OBS! I wish I could find a FWD one with the 5MT and low miles.

I think I might need to go drive one of these. I really like the OBS but lament I can't get it with AWD and a 5MT. However, I have three 4WD vehicles so I really don't need another.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Better get one before they're all gone. The 2019 is the last year they offered it with a stick. That's why I bought mine when I did because I knew they were going bye bye.
    -Karl B. No Mirages currently...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,562 Times in 1,120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Better get one before they're all gone. The 2019 is the last year they offered it with a stick. That's why I bought mine when I did because I knew they were going bye bye.
    Same here. It’s the reason I bought my 2019 OS too. Mighty glad I did.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    There appears to be zero reviews or drive impressions of the FWD 5MT Outlander Sport anywhere. In the history of the vehicle in the U.S. (and Canada as the RVR), I can't find any articles, columns, videos, or anything about what they're like to drive. It's like the car didn't exist. Apparently the 5MT only had a 2% take rate (not surprising), but you'd think SOMEONE would've driven one at some time and written about it.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    it's just so tempting. Can't describe why I love it, it just... looks great. Will grab a photo of the Dark Gray one on our lot to share shortly. The taillamps, I think, are what really set it off for me. Looks wide, low but not really, just a sexy stance... ugh. I want it. I have NO NEED FOR IT, but this damned thing speaks to me. If they ever came out with a 6MT with more than an utterly pathetic 168hp I'd jump all over it.

Will snap photo after work.
    I've seen the new RVR/Outlander Sport once in real life. Like up close,and I saw the new grill..all at the mitsu dealer. I was waiting for service, warranty work anyway... kicking tires. At the old mitsu dealer out back they had way more old cars and new Jaguars randomly in there for next door... than the new dealer.

I don't like the new front end. Personally, I think the new RVR must look better in dark grey than the silver I saw, because I don't think the cuv looked that great.. personally.

Colour does wonders to cars, sells cars based on looks... and my own Mirage being a Thunder Grey 2014, looks black and sporty, and they stopped making my optional colour.

I saw a Lancer sportback in white earlier today. I had a rental Lancer sportback identical in colour and rims etc as this one around a year ago from Mitsubishi. The Lancer sportback in white is extremely sporty looking. My friends at work loved its looks and pearl paint.
    Last edited by dspace9; 02-19-2020 at 09:58 PM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 42.2 mpg (US) ... 17.9 km/L ... 5.6 L/100 km ... 50.7 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post
    There appears to be zero reviews or drive impressions of the FWD 5MT Outlander Sport anywhere. In the history of the vehicle in the U.S. (and Canada as the RVR), I can't find any articles, columns, videos, or anything about what they're like to drive. It's like the car didn't exist. Apparently the 5MT only had a 2% take rate (not surprising), but you'd think SOMEONE would've driven one at some time and written about it.
    You would have thought so right? Boy did they miss out. It’s great to drive with plenty of power as long as you drive it using what I consider assertive driving. It’s great on fuel. My Fuelly badge is my lifetime average so far with almost 13000 miles on the clock.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 automatic: 40.5 mpg (US) ... 17.2 km/L ... 5.8 L/100 km ... 48.6 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Don't know how you'vet gotten 30 MPG's as an average... I get like 24 MPG hahaha. Same kind of driving and areas I get almost 40 out of my stick Mirage. I almost wonder if I lug the engine too much on the Outlander driving it like I do the Mirage... maybe I need to rev it more so it can move it easier and it'll equate better mileage even though the thinking behind that seems backwards.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
    Don't know how you'vet gotten 30 MPG's as an average... I get like 24 MPG hahaha. Same kind of driving and areas I get almost 40 out of my stick Mirage. I almost wonder if I lug the engine too much on the Outlander driving it like I do the Mirage... maybe I need to rev it more so it can move it easier and it'll equate better mileage even though the thinking behind that seems backwards.
    I definitely don’t baby it but I don’t run it ragged either. I shift between 3-4K rpm every time. I’ve found that lugging it doesn’t really help my mileage in fact it seemed to make it worse. My best tank so far was almost 36 mpg and not doing any hypermiling. I try not to do any extra idling.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Okay, I'll try getting the tach higher up on the scale next time I drive it. See if that helps.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Name:  86796558_10158012391159851_4951640333537509376_o.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  82.1 KB

So this was at the Portland International Auto Show today (and through Sunday). I must say, it looks fantastic. It's got a mild lift on it, to and 245/65/17 Falkens and gold Black Rhino wheels. I kind of love it.