Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rpm jumps ( up & down at 60 mph. CVT)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    If you have warranty I'd take it to the stealership and see what they say. We had a 2014 spark that did the same thing, tach would bounce cause transmission would be constantly shifting up and down. Dealer replaced the transmission no questions asked then did it a second time months later. They just sent work a letter saying they've had some complaints about cvt problems and would like to extend the transmission warranty to 200000km(or more).
    My 14' does this at low speed light throttle, junk.
    Your 2014 is already slipping Fummy? Say it ain't so.

Not slipping just a turdpail compared to the miled out 15's at work. It does seem to have a hard time figuring how to shift once in a while when cold and light throttle, it also seems to take a long time to upshift. It keeps rpms higher for longer than the 15's and when it does drop it's almost too much and you start slowing down and have to give it more throttle, then it downshifts.....It's a pita to cruise on the freeway at 50-60mph and keep rpm under 2000rpm, have to keep getting up to speed then let off throttle to let it shift otherwise it holds at 3000rpm.

Drove another 15 yesterday with 230k km it felt like it had twice the power, better throttle response, didn't have to give it 70% throttle to get going. If I never had a car to compare mine to I'd never know the difference though. Not sure if it's programing, just a pos or a combination of the two?
    Mirage videos:

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage SE wussie cvt edition. 1.2 automatic: 37.7 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.3 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Keep us updated.
    I ordered the 2 filters and new fluid. I will change it and see if that helps. If not I’ll take it to the dealer for warranty work. They wanted 399.00 to do the transmission fluid and top filter. Thanks everyone for the input, I’ll post the results.

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    CVT or 5speed? If CVT, that's not good. It's called "searching" and can indicate something is wrong with your transmission. Check the CVT fluid, if it's brown, change it pronto. If it's black, it could be too late or it could help. Only time will tell.
    I replaced both filters and changed fluid, super easy to do even without jacking up the car. Still have the problem though so probably this week will take it to the dealer.

My dealership in my area seems incompetent. I called to ask how much the transmission service was and they said $185. When I asked if that included the filters they said no. They quoted me 399 to do the top filter and fluid. They insisted that it only had one filter. So I called the parts department and bought all the stuff and changed it myself. Hopefully if it needs replaced they can figure it out! Lol

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay526 View Post
    I replaced both filters and changed fluid, super easy to do even without jacking up the car. Still have the problem though so probably this week will take it to the dealer.

My dealership in my area seems incompetent. I called to ask how much the transmission service was and they said $185. When I asked if that included the filters they said no. They quoted me 399 to do the top filter and fluid. They insisted that it only had one filter. So I called the parts department and bought all the stuff and changed it myself. Hopefully if it needs replaced they can figure it out! Lol
    Just prepare yourself if they say they won't put in another CVT under warranty, start looking for used units.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummins View Post
    Not slipping just a turdpail compared to the miled out 15's at work. It does seem to have a hard time figuring how to shift once in a while when cold and light throttle, it also seems to take a long time to upshift. It keeps rpms higher for longer than the 15's and when it does drop it's almost too much and you start slowing down and have to give it more throttle, then it downshifts.....It's a pita to cruise on the freeway at 50-60mph and keep rpm under 2000rpm, have to keep getting up to speed then let off throttle to let it shift otherwise it holds at 3000rpm.

Drove another 15 yesterday with 230k km it felt like it had twice the power, better throttle response, didn't have to give it 70% throttle to get going. If I never had a car to compare mine to I'd never know the difference though. Not sure if it's programing, just a pos or a combination of the two?
    I'm usually at 3000 rpm doing 70 mph, I thought this was optimal? What say you Fummins?