Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front License Plate

Country
    United States
    Thanks

Front License Plate

I notice the majority if the U.S. spec dont have the front mounted license plate holder on from the dealer. I know depending where your located here in socal if you dont have a front license plate on they can be very strict on that. Even get a ticket while parked on multiple days until it gets fixed. I dont want to screw into the nice bumper

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by socal6g View Post
    I notice the majority if the U.S. spec dont have the front mounted license plate holder on from the dealer. I know depending where your located here in socal if you dont have a front license plate on they can be very strict on that. Even get a ticket while parked on multiple days until it gets fixed. I dont want to screw into the nice bumper
    i feel you, i was looking to make a custom mount to where i can mount it near the lower grill area, so i can take off the dealer sticker on my windshield lol

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    I'm planing to buy the Lancer Evo license plate mount and install it on the left side of bumper as on my current car. However, I don't have a car yet ))

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhail View Post
    I'm planing to buy the Lancer Evo license plate mount and install it on the left side of bumper as on my current car. However, I don't have a car yet ))
    thats still drilling into the bumper though

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pureflipking View Post
    thats still drilling into the bumper though
    I did it once and it scared me at first. Anyways, it's better to do it yourself than have a dealer's pre-drill job )

Country
    Netherlands
    Thanks
    My dealer didn't drill ... they just screw the plate to the bumper right away. The screw drills thru the license plate and bumper.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2013 Mirage 1.0 manual: 47.5 mpg (US) ... 20.2 km/L ... 5.0 L/100 km ... 57.0 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If I remember correctly, mine is dimpled on either side of center where you put the screws through. I'll try to remember and look next time I go out and snap a pic.
    -Billy

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    yeah theres is a dimple to where the front plate should go, but i still dont want to put it on there cause i dont want holes on my bumper, eh well if i get a ticket, ill get a ticket

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Do they let you put them in the bottom of the windshield on top of the dash?

People around here have theirs mounted inside the back window so they don't get stolen. If I had to have one up front and didn't want to drill into the bumper, I might try to mount front and back inside and use that excuse. Besides a front plate would totally mess up the aerodynamics.
    -Billy

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage DE 1.2 manual: 37.6 mpg (US) ... 16.0 km/L ... 6.2 L/100 km ... 45.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    If you dont want holes you could use outdoor double sided adhesive. Scotch 3m makes up to 100lb test which would almost require you to yank your bumper off to remove. Me myself, i just said screw it. Had the dealership drill the holes then went home and widened them and got a locking bolt set that requires a special key and the hood to be popped to remove my plates. For 5 bucks each plate it was worth it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 36.2 mpg (US) ... 15.4 km/L ... 6.5 L/100 km ... 43.5 mpg (Imp)