Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Nearly every Mirage or G4 in NY (is missing at least one hubcap)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    My Micra and my Mirage both have the 4 factory hubcaps, however I don't run hubcaps in winter, which is also pothole season. It's hard to lose something if it's stacked atop your summer tires in the shed.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to nickels For This Useful Post:

poorman1 (04-01-2020)

Yesterday I saw both a Mirage and a Micra missing their front left hubcap.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Yes, the first thing I did was hit Auto Junk to get a set of some kind of wheel caps. I couldn't stand the OEM look with those skinny 14 " wheels. 3 of 4 have cracked already and one I have to keep popping into place. Trying t wear the tires out so I can get some cheaper, bigger alloy wheels so it doesn't look so stupid. Cars with OEM alloys look a whole lot better but don't want to spend that much. That money would be better spent on good tires. Thank you.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RTRHED View Post
    Yes, the first thing I did was hit Auto Junk to get a set of some kind of wheel caps. I couldn't stand the OEM look with those skinny 14 " wheels. 3 of 4 have cracked already and one I have to keep popping into place. Trying t wear the tires out so I can get some cheaper, bigger alloy wheels so it doesn't look so stupid. Cars with OEM alloys look a whole lot better but don't want to spend that much. That money would be better spent on good tires. Thank you.
    I've considered buying some nice acorn lug nuts and just going without wheel covers. I don't mind the look of plain black steel rims. The wheel covers being pulled off and put back on has scratched up the black paint somewhat. That would be an easy fix, however.

I wouldn't mind finding a hubcap that would cover the central hub of the black steel wheels. If anyone knew of one that worked, I would be all ears. It can't be a flat one, especially up front.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I've considered buying some nice acorn lug nuts and just going without wheel covers. I don't mind the look of plain black steel rims. The wheel covers being pulled off and put back on has scratched up the black paint somewhat. That would be an easy fix, however.

I wouldn't mind finding a hubcap that would cover the central hub of the black steel wheels. If anyone knew of one that worked, I would be all ears. It can't be a flat one, especially up front.
    I still love the look from https://mirageforum.com/forum/showth...ter-caps/page3
    (blank signature)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Alex1a1f For This Useful Post:

Eggman (04-02-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex1a1f View Post
    I agree with you. I like that over any wheel cover for steel wheels. I wonder how well they have held up, however?

I would be happy with any metal cap that covers the hubcap opening in the front especially.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    For once, the aftermarket has heard our pleas!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-New-2017-...cAAOSwZSRdsyx~

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Feast your eyes gentlemen. This is what a true Mirage baller does.Name:  20200210_104636.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  93.4 KB

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Feast your eyes gentlemen. This is what a true Mirage baller does.Name:  20200210_104636.jpg
Views: 322
Size:  93.4 KB
    I love your FIVE fake nuts!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-03-2020)

I saw a used Mirage advertised yesterday as a peppy "4-cylinder" 5-speed. The ONLY thing that could possibly make it better is 5-lug wheelcovers!

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)