Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Honda Fit is Dead.

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks

The Honda Fit is Dead.

I just came back from the Portland International Auto Show and a Honda rep (not a dealer, but an official Honda rep) confirmed that the Honda Fit will not be returning to the U.S market.

https://www.subcompactculture.com/20...fit-to-be.html

For what it's worth the Fit was only up 0.3% in 2019 vs. 2018 sales and sold 35,414 units.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Subcompact Culture For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-22-2020),R01k (02-23-2020)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Good, more sales for Mitsu. The Fit, was king, but Honda asked too much $ for it. Now it will be a 3way battle of KIA, Hyundai, and Mitsu for the best value crapbox.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

R01k (02-23-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    The Fit was king. My 2007 was a much more solid car than my 2017 G4, except for mpg. Better seats, handled better and the paint didn't chip off if you looked at it wrong.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

R01k (02-23-2020)

Senior Member Subcompact Culture's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I reviewed the 2018 Fit Sport with the 6MT (https://www.subcompactculture.com/20...fit-sport.html) and found it fantastic in so many ways. Super fun to drive, ultra practical, etc., etc.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    [QUOTE=Dirk Diggler;104150]
    Quote Originally Posted by Subcompact Culture View Post

Good, more sales for Mitsu. The Fit, was king, but Honda asked too much $ for it. Now it will be a 3way battle of KIA, Hyundai, and Mitsu for the best value crapbox.
    A base level 2020 Honda Fit LX CVT has a MSRP/destination charge $1510 higher than a base level 2020 Mitsubishi Mirage ES CVT.

$1510 gives you 130 hp non-turbo & 6-speed manual. The only crapbox competition is the Chevy Spark. Honda, Toyota, Mazda, Hyundai, & KIA aren't making vehicles like the Mirage.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    [QUOTE=Mark;104159]
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post

A base level 2020 Honda Fit LX CVT has a MSRP/destination charge $1510 higher than a base level 2020 Mitsubishi Mirage ES CVT.

$1510 gives you 130 hp non-turbo & 6-speed manual. The only crapbox competition is the Chevy Spark. Honda, Toyota, Mazda, Hyundai, & KIA aren't making vehicles like the Mirage.
    You could fool me with the pricing of these new Mirages lol.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I crossed the fit off my list when they moved production to Mexico

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    I crossed the fit off my list when they moved production to Mexico
    I get what you mean, but I drive a car made in Thailand.

I bought a Mirage, because new ones were selling for $9,000 brand new. You could take home a new Mirage for under $10,000 OTD. If you qualified for extra rebates (military or loyalty customer), the car was even cheaper.

If I could have bought a brand new 2017 Honda Fit for $1,500 more, I would have surely considered that instead.

I really like my Mirage, but it has to be affordable to purchase, reliable to own, & economical to drive.

MSRP really doesn't mean much in today's market, & better Mirage deals can surely be found.

As far as I am concerned, my Mirage beats the Fit on price & economy. Reliability hasn't been an issue. The Honda Fit is a nice car, but it can't compete with a highly discounted Mirage. A MSRP Mirage vs a MSRP Fit is a different story, however.
    Last edited by Mark; 02-21-2020 at 01:22 AM.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I get what you mean, but I drive a car made in Thailand.

I bought a Mirage, because new ones were selling for $9,000 brand new. You could take home a new Mirage for under $10,000 OTD. If you qualified for extra rebates (military or loyalty customer), the car was even cheaper.

If I could have bought a brand new 2017 Honda Fit for $1,500 more, I would have surely considered that instead.

I really like my Mirage, but it has to be affordable to purchase, reliable to own, & economical to drive.

MSRP really doesn't mean much in today's market, & better Mirage deals can surely be found.

As far as I am concerned, my Mirage beats the Fit on price & economy. Reliability hasn't been an issue. The Honda Fit is a nice car, but it can't compete with a highly discounted Mirage. A MSRP Mirage vs a MSRP Fit is a different story, however.
    Difference being the Mirage sells for Thailand prices so to speak where as the fit was not discounted accordingly when they shifted production from the United states to Mexico. Honda surely saved money though or they wouldnt have done it. It wasn't passed onto the consumer so for those reasons, I'm out. Lol

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    Difference being the Mirage sells for Thailand prices so to speak where as the fit was not discounted accordingly when they shifted production from the United states to Mexico. Honda surely saved money though or they wouldnt have done it. It wasn't passed onto the consumer so for those reasons, I'm out. Lol
    Personally, I would say the same about the current Mirage. I would buy another, but it would most likely be a used one. I only search for manuals. Today's prices on cars.com (not always super accurate, but just saying)

2020 Mirage ES manual = $15,265 (120 miles away)
    2020 Honda Fit LX manual = $15,694 (132 miles away)

These are today's current base models. Not upper trim levels.

Not saying you can't find a cheaper 2019. I am just trying to compare apples to apples here. Adding more & more features to the Mirage each year has made it lose some of its charm for me. I wouldn't pay $15,000 for Mirage if I could buy a $15,000 Honda. It doesn't even have anything to do with the car. The Honda dealership network is so much better. I would buy a Honda in Madison or LaCrosse (nearest dealerships). I can't say the same for Mitsubishi.