Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Honda Fit is Dead.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Personally, I would say the same about the current Mirage. I would buy another, but it would most likely be a used one. I only search for manuals. Today's prices on cars.com (not always super accurate, but just saying)

2020 Mirage ES manual = $15,265 (120 miles away)
    2020 Honda Fit LX manual = $15,694 (132 miles away)

These are today's current base models. Not upper trim levels.

Not saying you can't find a cheaper 2019. I am just trying to compare apples to apples here. Adding more & more features to the Mirage each year has made it lose some of its charm for me. I wouldn't pay $15,000 for Mirage if I could buy a $15,000 Honda. It doesn't even have anything to do with the car. The Honda dealership network is so much better. I would buy a Honda in Madison or LaCrosse (nearest dealerships). I can't say the same for Mitsubishi.
    We both know white bear would still sell a mirage base for around 10k

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pryme View Post
    We both know white bear would still sell a mirage base for around 10k
    And that is why I have a Mirage in my driveway and not a Fit.

I am not really arguing with anyone here. I just wish the Mirage was priced a little better. A car critic can say for $1,500 (MSRP) more you can buy a base level Honda LX CVT, & they are just telling it like it is. People who like small cars and good deals may find a Mirage, but I think that message could be easily overlooked, too.

I really value affordable, reliable, economical cars. Features mean very little to me. Radio & A/C is a nice perk, however.

I really like the Mirage.

Where's the leak ma'am? Marklovski's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Why is the base Mirage so much more expensive in some areas?

The Fit is a great car but cheapest I could find one here was usually around $17k cause all the cheap ones leaves the lot in seconds.

The Scion xD was an option for me but it was very heavy and they wanted $17.5k for it....
    Fuel Log: Good enough
    Instagram: @zoras_sapphire

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    And that is why I have a Mirage in my driveway and not a Fit.

I am not really arguing with anyone here. I just wish the Mirage was priced a little better. A car critic can say for $1,500 (MSRP) more you can buy a base level Honda LX CVT, & they are just telling it like it is. People who like small cars and good deals may find a Mirage, but I think that message could be easily overlooked, too.

I really value affordable, reliable, economical cars. Features mean very little to me. Radio & A/C is a nice perk, however.

I really like the Mirage.
    Yeah I agree. If a mirage was 15-16k with no deals I'd have something else. For 10-12k it's a good deal though

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Not to be too geopolitical but Thailand is alot closer to Japan than Mexico. I think Japanese oversight and quality control will be tighter in Thailand. That factory over there is state of the art, a source of national pride being its the first of its kind. I trust Asians workers, including those of Indo-China, to simply have a better work ethic and not operate under a corrupt quasi narco state like Mexico. My point being I think quality control is better in Thailand, so I'm way less worried about hitting 200k miles driving a Mirage than say a "Tijuana special" Nissan Versa lol.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

R01k (02-23-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,684 Times in 2,103 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Not to be too geopolitical but Thailand is alot closer to Japan than Mexico. I think Japanese oversight and quality control will be tighter in Thailand. That factory over there is state of the art, a source of national pride being its the first of its kind. I trust Asians workers, including those of Indo-China, to simply have a better work ethic and not operate under a corrupt quasi narco state like Mexico. My point being I think quality control is better in Thailand, so I'm way less worried about hitting 200k miles driving a Mirage than say a "Tijuana special" Nissan Versa lol.
    Nissan Versa is not a Honda Fit.

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Nissan Versa is not a Honda Fit.
    True, that's why the Fit is king, at least the ones that were made in Japan or in the states. Have you been to Mexico? I have, they have trouble even keeping basic water sanitation going, let alone a manufacturing plant. Now they do fine job agriculture, produce, corn tortillas, queso fresco, narcotics, chimmichurries, etc. but something vital like my car? I'm just not there yet with the trust brother. That's just me though, and Im crazy. lol

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Dirk Diggler For This Useful Post:

Pryme (02-23-2020)

I wonder if the Fit is doomed in Canada too.

I nearly bought an $800 high kilometers beater Fit last summer. I've driven a newer one ... 5MT ... and liked it.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2014 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 63.2 mpg (US) ... 26.9 km/L ... 3.7 L/100 km ... 75.9 mpg (Imp)