Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Mirage SE turns over but won't start. (115k mi.)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Chevy Spark owners......I see them everywhere now. Especially at 300lbs and leaving a Wal-Mart parking lot overflowing with Oreo double stuffed cookie packages.
    Seriously. Why can't they just go to the check cashing store with us mirage owners on pay day?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to AtomicPunk For This Useful Post:

Dirk Diggler (02-23-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,848 Times in 1,101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    Good advice, but do bad MAP sensors typically cause no-starts?
    No, not usually. But you ALWAYS repair the codes before digging deeper. The ECM is telling you there is a problem, and that is where you should start. It is when things like this happen and there are no CELs that it gets tricky. These are OBDII cars...nearly any electrical fault in the engine control system should throw a code. There are hundreds of codes. I read the P0069 is often caused by a dirty air filter.

Friend: "Help, Aaron! My car won't start, and I have tried a bunch of things. I even checked the wiring harness. Nothing worked!"

Me: "Does the car crank over?"

Friend: "Yes."

Me: "Okay, is the check engine light on?"

Friend: "Yes, but it has always been on. I don't think that has anything to do with it."

Me: (facepalm)

A car only has one check engine light. Where they used to have one code that did not effect driveability, they now have two or three new codes that are causing a no-start. But the CEL looks the same.

I would definitely check the MAP sensor first before tearing the car apart further, if it has not been done already.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cobrajet For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (02-23-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    I would definitely check the MAP sensor first before tearing the car apart further, if it has not been done already.

Agree with everything you said. I will add that diagnosing will go where it goes, regardless if the original poster wants to keep it under $150...

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    Jim, do you have a trusted local mechanic who can look at your Mirage no-start problem?

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks
    Hi, I'm sorry if my question is not in the proper place on this forum but I need to know if anyone can tell me or better yet show me where the Crankshaft position sensor is located on my 2017 Mirage SE ?
    It needs to be replaced and I have no Idea where its located other than somewhere near the Crankcase.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Netwerkjim View Post
    Hi, I'm sorry if my question is not in the proper place on this forum but I need to know if anyone can tell me or better yet show me where the Crankshaft position sensor is located on my 2017 Mirage SE ?
    It needs to be replaced and I have no Idea where its located other than somewhere near the Crankcase.
    I found references to the Crankshaft Position Sensor in GR00000300-11B pages 19 and 21 of the 2015 Mitsubishi Mirage service manual. It appears to be located near the oil filter. I suspect this sensor's wiring might be shared with the alternator's harness, which has shown problems due to wiring pinched by a zip tie set too tight.

Netwerkjim, I moved your post from MetroMPG's forum Garage page to keep this discussion more organized rather than spread out around the forum.

Troubleshooting over the internet is difficult. There's a group of individuals here willing to help but sometimes more detailed information is needed. In turn, we can all learn more about these cars. But I think in this case more info is needed.

Best wishes.
    Last edited by Eggman; 03-21-2020 at 08:38 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Eggman For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (03-21-2020)

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hey Netwerkjim, any updates?

Country
    United States
    Garage empty: add car
    Thanks

Crankshaft & Camshaft Position Sensor The Same Part?

Hi, I am trying to find a new Crankshaft Position Sensor for my 2017 Mirage SE. After looking all over the web it looks like both the Crankshaft and Camshaft Sensors have the same part number.
    Can anybody confirm this because it appears that its easier to find. Camshaft than a Crankshaft. Also it looks like the same. Part and part number is used on the G4 and the Eclipse 2018-2020 So. It may be easier to find this part if you look for it as an Eclipse Crankshaft sensor than for a Mirage since the Eclipse is a more popular car.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Hi, I am trying to find a new Crankshaft Position Sensor for my 2017 Mirage SE. After looking all over the web it looks like both the Crankshaft and Camshaft Sensors have the same part number.
    Can anybody confirm this because it appears that its easier to find. Camshaft than a Crankshaft. Also it looks like the same. Part and part number is used on the G4 and the Eclipse 2018-2020 So. It may be easier to find this part if you look for it as an Eclipse Crankshaft sensor than for a Mirage since the Eclipse is a more popular car.
    Netwerkjim, I moved this post from it's own thread to your original thread on the subject in order to keep things better focused and organized on your problem.

A few questions have been posed here that hopefully you can take some time to address. Thanks and looking forward to seeing how this goes.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,537 Times in 1,471 Posts
    ...trying to find a new Crankshaft Position Sensor for my 2017 Mirage
    ...it looks like both the Crankshaft and Camshaft Sensors have the same part number
    That's what it looks like when you reference these part numbers on Mitsubishi websites...

Name:  camshaft_sensor.jpg
Views: 982
Size:  76.8 KB

This is not surprising. A crank or cam sensor is nothing more than a magnetic pickup. They are also very easy to test. You can check out this video that explains how they work and how to test them.

Here's where these sensors are located in a Mirage...

Name:  sensor_locatins.jpg
Views: 1409
Size:  91.4 KB

Last edited by Top_Fuel; 04-05-2020 at 12:31 AM.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 52.2 mpg (US) ... 22.2 km/L ... 4.5 L/100 km ... 62.6 mpg (Imp)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Top_Fuel For This Useful Post:

MetroMPG (04-06-2020)