Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How Do I Renew Rear Wiper Blade.

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    People come to the dealer so that they can pay more for full, complete, and proper service by vehicle specific trained professionals. It's been proven by thousands of studies.

Proven by thousands of studies? Horses%it. It's criminal the prices Mitsubishi charges for parts, denying warranty repairs left and right, fleecing already financially vulnerable consumers, etc. Your prices are on par with Jaguar and Land rover and you don't do anything special that Joe Blow the mechanic could not do. I understand a 20% markup to keep the overhead in check but the 50% to 60% markups yall charge is an unethical business practice. Toyota doesnt mark up like that and neither should Mitsubishi. Shady strategy, with shady employees. I hope you seethe whenever you read Fummin' s post about the staggering
    level of incompetence he's had to deal with from Mitsu techs.
    Its nice to know that you've had such horrible experiences with dealerships in the past that you'll state point blank that we are one of the worst ones. That's really great.

We go to great lengths to approve every warranty claim. Unless MMNA declines the claim, we literally lose money by declining it ourselves, which isn't something that we have the authority to do anyway. I've got 2 CVT's on order (warranty replacements) and 5 or 6 long blocks for a few different models. With the warranty Mitsubishi has, we literally rarely get to charge a customer for anything. And guess what... I get paid only by customer pay. I actively book people in for cheap inspections prior to the end of their warranties, and we go above and beyond to make sure that anything we can charge to Mitsubishi is dealt with before 100,000, or on the powertrain side, before 160,000.

We are required to sell every part at full dealer mark up, but I haven't sold a price code 12 part in ages. I give you the quote for full book time and full parts price, but when you come to pay, I've generally just added a bit to our cost for the part, and if the tech made 6 hours on a job that took him 2.5, we scrub off an hour or two as we see fit.

You see, here's my issue with the entirety of your post. You are calling me out as a complete asshole, but you are actually mad at Mitsubishi. Yes, older Lancers have an O2 sensor that we are supposed to sell for $1700. Our cost is about half that, and whenever a poor soul comes in needing one, we only mark it up about $150. That's.... your 20% that you say you understand.

So, you say you would understand a 20% mark up, and we do our best to make sure that our customers can afford to keep running their vehicles despite our cost on some parts, but I'm the asshole? Got it.

But that's ok. You're right, despite being a Mitsubishi owner, I totally don't give a ****. I don't go out of my way to get warranty claims approved, I don't go out of my way to PRICE MATCH LOCAL INDEPENDENT SHOPS, and I don't go out of my way to get people with ongoing problems into courtesy vehicles. I also don't offer non OE parts to save where we can, I don't offer discounts on labour volumes when a new owner gets a vehicle due for literally every fluid and service imaginable, and I don't advise customers to delay services if the techs and I don't feel there is any benefit to doing them before the next scheduled service.

People like you, people who think you fully understand how this industry works drive me up the freaking walls.

And when your CVT finally dies as you've been predicting forever, and you end up in my area, despite being a..., you'll be looked after, you'll get a courtesy vehicle, and you'll get your warranty claim approved as soon as we finish diagnostics. But if you are in for a warranty transmission replacement and you need a wiper blade, bring $25.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Canada
    Thanks
    I think I replied to 6 different people and didn't click reply all properly. I trust that my point has been delivered to all though. If I replied to somebody sounding super aggro given the situation, I probably meant to reply to somebody else who was more of a dick.

The point stands, I work at a dealership and have very little control over what each department does, but I try to keep things fair.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2018 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 43.5 mpg (US) ... 18.5 km/L ... 5.4 L/100 km ... 52.2 mpg (Imp)

Country
    Turkmenistan
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,242 Times in 909 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    Its nice to know that you've had such horrible experiences with dealerships in the past that you'll state point blank that we are one of the worst ones. That's really great.

We go to great lengths to approve every warranty claim. Unless MMNA declines the claim, we literally lose money by declining it ourselves, which isn't something that we have the authority to do anyway. I've got 2 CVT's on order (warranty replacements) and 5 or 6 long blocks for a few different models. With the warranty Mitsubishi has, we literally rarely get to charge a customer for anything. And guess what... I get paid only by customer pay. I actively book people in for cheap inspections prior to the end of their warranties, and we go above and beyond to make sure that anything we can charge to Mitsubishi is dealt with before 100,000, or on the powertrain side, before 160,000.

We are required to sell every part at full dealer mark up, but I haven't sold a price code 12 part in ages. I give you the quote for full book time and full parts price, but when you come to pay, I've generally just added a bit to our cost for the part, and if the tech made 6 hours on a job that took him 2.5, we scrub off an hour or two as we see fit.

You see, here's my issue with the entirety of your post. You are calling me out as a complete asshole, but you are actually mad at Mitsubishi. Yes, older Lancers have an O2 sensor that we are supposed to sell for $1700. Our cost is about half that, and whenever a poor soul comes in needing one, we only mark it up about $150. That's.... your 20% that you say you understand.

So, you say you would understand a 20% mark up, and we do our best to make sure that our customers can afford to keep running their vehicles despite our cost on some parts, but I'm the asshole? Got it.

But that's ok. You're right, despite being a Mitsubishi owner, I totally don't give a ****. I don't go out of my way to get warranty claims approved, I don't go out of my way to PRICE MATCH LOCAL INDEPENDENT SHOPS, and I don't go out of my way to get people with ongoing problems into courtesy vehicles. I also don't offer non OE parts to save where we can, I don't offer discounts on labour volumes when a new owner gets a vehicle due for literally every fluid and service imaginable, and I don't advise customers to delay services if the techs and I don't feel there is any benefit to doing them before the next scheduled service.

People like you, people who think you fully understand how this industry works drive me up the freaking walls.

And when your CVT finally dies as you've been predicting forever, and you end up in my area, despite being a..., you'll be looked after, you'll get a courtesy vehicle, and you'll get your warranty claim approved as soon as we finish diagnostics. But if you are in for a warranty transmission replacement and you need a wiper blade, bring $25.
    How this industry works? I haven't the foggiest Nickels I can only go by the 3 warranty claims Ive been denied in a row! And by how one service center refused to do a heater core replacement because another Mitsu service f#cked up putting in our new engine and then lied saying he didn't know why it even had a new engine whilst he's looking at his screen scanning the entire report and lying about it knowing it was this recall issue. Whether you think so or not your a representative of Mitsubishi, service center, sales, corporate in Tokyo, I don't care. Bottom line Mitsu treats subsequent owners a whole lot different than original owners, folks that are certainly more vulnerable financially. And these miracle good will initiatives you mentioned, like a loaner car or putting non oem replacement parts to save an owner money? I certainly didn't get any of that goodwill brother lol! Instead I got quoted $1500 to replace a cheap heater core, was told no loaners are available ever, straight up lying about my rear axle not being out spec and then coming back with an independent report stating it most surely was and them still not doing anything. And your damn right I worry about my CVT being out of warranty because I know I sure as hell ain't gonna get any goodwill gesture on that! Hell, maybe yall just do things differently up in Canada and don't treat subsequent owners like second class citizens I dunno? Am I personally blaming you for the way I've been treated by Mitsu? No. But its frustrating to hear how Mitsu is supposed to run their shops and then experience on multiple occasions the complete opposite. I am sorry for coming across as a dick. That's wasn't fair though, I do genuinely apologise for that. Just tell me that CVT your replacing had at least 175k miles or something weird happened to it and it didn't just crap out because its a Jatco?

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,688 Times in 2,106 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nickels View Post
    Your response is a good reminder that all dealerships are not the same. Some dealerships are much better than others, & that goes across all brands of vehicles.

Most of my experience with dealerships has been very positive. The best vehicles, however, have been ones that never needed dealership service. In my case, dealerships (Mitsubishi & Subaru) are 65+ miles from my home. When it comes to warranty/recall work, however, dealerships have been very good to me over the years.

I happened to be shopping with my Dad when I bought a rear wiper blade for my Mirage the other day. My Dad shared that his rear wiper was replaced by the dealership. My Dad has all of his service done at a GM dealerships over the years. At his age, he finds comfort in that. I find it a bit ironic, because this was a guy that thought nothing of splitting a tractor in half to replace a clutch or overhaul an engine on one of our old Farmall tractors when he was younger.

When my Dad has had issues with his vehicles, he has been well taken care of. His former GMC Terrain had a major engine overhaul done, & it came with a 150,000 warranty afterwards. It cost him nothing. He seems to get good money for his trades when replacing vehicles, because the dealership know how well his vehicles are taken care of. For my Dad's world, dealerships rock! He also buys GM products, because dealerships are near by. Buying a Mitsubishi product in their area would not be of any interest to my parents.

We both replaced our rear wipers recently. I paid $11 for one and replaced it in the parking lot. Who knows what my dad paid? It really doesn't matter. He may have paid a bit extra, but he has also received really good service over the years. Dealerships have costs like everyone else.

I am a teacher, & schools get bashed all the time. I get where you are coming from. I apologize for some of my general comments about dealerships, too. Some dealerships are wonderful, & it sounds like you work for one of those! That's awesome!

Last edited by Mark; 03-03-2020 at 08:02 PM.