Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best Mirage video yet!! Oh boy!!

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Chilling to some Smashing Pumpkins when you see an idiot on a crotch-rocket in a hurry to get his taco's to go. Guessing under the influence or noob rider, because that curve was not that severe...bike goes where you look; he must have been looking at the truck.

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cobrajet View Post
    Glad this video has a (semi) happy ending. I pursued somebody like this once, but they made it home before the cops could arrive. Old man in an old Cadillac who must have been drunk as a fcuking monkey. I noticed that the person who recorded the video had to defend himself against accusations that he was holding his phone in his hand and recording video while driving. I can relate.

I recorded this a few years ago with my dash cam (a dash cam was an unusual thing to have at the time). One of the investigating officers told me his lieutenant saw the video, assumed I had recorded it on my phone, and wanted me cited for it! The cops expected to see some grainy, shaky cellphone video when I told them I had the whole thing on video, but were shocked by the quality. I suspect my dash cam was better than theirs!

Jesus, what an idiot. Do we know of any serious injury? What the hell was he thinking?

Country
    UK
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AtomicPunk View Post
    he must have been looking at the truck.
    I don't think he was looking. You have to have a degree of sympathy for the other driver. What a traumatic thing to undergo.

Country
    United States
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,788 Times in 2,107 Posts
    I think it's easy to misjudge speed and curves on a motorcycle, especially if the driver is inexperienced. The whole ordeal speaks of inexperience to me.

click to view fuel log View my fuel log 2015 Mirage ES 1.2 manual: 49.6 mpg (US) ... 21.1 km/L ... 4.7 L/100 km ... 59.5 mpg (Imp)